Author Topic: THE TOURNAMENT GRAVEYARD  (Read 138350 times)

Offline dax

• Chunin
  • Chakra 0
    • Wii
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
  • Broadband: Blink
Ac 7.5 Yugioh Tourney
« Reply #160 on: April 29, 2004, 10:11:36 PM »
I didn't do so hot up in the tourney. Got kicked out the the first round. A big big Hard luck. Sry ppl. I'm entering the next one. I really really gotta train.                    

Carigamers

Ac 7.5 Yugioh Tourney
« Reply #160 on: April 29, 2004, 10:11:36 PM »

Offline Aka_Neo

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://heaven-earth.ultra-gamers.com
Ac 7.5 Yugioh Tourney
« Reply #161 on: April 29, 2004, 10:46:19 PM »
me and my clan memebers are entering the next one hope we real ripp up men though                    
[/img]

Offline LoonyToon

• Chunin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://
Ac 7.5 Yugioh Tourney
« Reply #162 on: April 30, 2004, 09:30:58 AM »
me and chicken goin and be there for sure

and i goin and do much better this time i assure u                    
to whom much is given much is expected

Offline SPK

• Ancient
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 16
  • You ever wonder why we're here...?
    • Glorious PC Gaming Master Race.
    • View Profile
  • CPU: AMD FX 8320
  • GPU: Sapphire Radeon 7870 2GB
  • RAM: 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1333.
  • Broadband: Flow.
  • Steam: spk1983tt
Ac 7.5 Yugioh Tourney
« Reply #163 on: April 30, 2004, 10:38:16 AM »
lol...some of us don't need much more training, it's just what cards we are able to source now that's separating the top duelists now...                    
Nagamete iru dake ja, itsumademo te ni dekinai...nagamete iru dake ja, kimi no mono ni wa naranai...

ssssssSSSSSSS...That's a nice everything you got there....SSSSSSS.

Offline CRaZyAnGeL

• Kage
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
Ac 7.5 Yugioh Tourney
« Reply #164 on: April 30, 2004, 10:56:51 AM »
I didn't do so hot up in the tourney. Got kicked out the the first round. A big big Hard luck. Sry ppl. I'm entering the next one. I really really gotta train.

i thought u was goin an win? lol
/me might nut b dueling in the next tourney but his deck will still b there                    

Carigamers

Ac 7.5 Yugioh Tourney
« Reply #164 on: April 30, 2004, 10:56:51 AM »

Offline PapaSmurf

• Ancient
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://deathtofanboyishspammahs.gatt.co.tt
Ac 7.5 Yugioh Tourney
« Reply #165 on: April 30, 2004, 12:15:56 PM »

i agree wit smurf we have to train to dominate ac 8
i gonna be in it but gonna need some help fixin it up
can anyone please help me?

What do you need help with?
 come down to coffee shop and we'll sort you out.                    
Zetsumyoken......the Miracle Sword descends

Offline cereal_killer

• Jonin
  • Chakra -3
    • View Profile
Ac 7.5 Yugioh Tourney
« Reply #166 on: April 30, 2004, 05:44:13 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
well it will hace to be after cxc
i need help wit my deck cause it just not flowing right for some reason                    

Offline dax

• Chunin
  • Chakra 0
    • Wii
    • View Profile
  • Broadband: Blink
Ac 7.5 Yugioh Tourney
« Reply #167 on: May 01, 2004, 01:11:13 AM »

i thought u was goin an win? lol
 CRaZyAnGeL might nut b dueling in the next tourney but his deck will still b there

Yeah sure Crazy!!!! U sure are crazy thinking that i will win. hahahahahaha. Well Since I will be there at the next anime city and in the other tourney I will be looking forward to see all the duelist from gatt.                    

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
  • The prodigal gunslinger returns.
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
  • PSN: RyRodrigo
Anime City 7.5 Tournament Report
« Reply #168 on: May 01, 2004, 02:08:18 AM »
At long last, i have finally found the time to post the results of the Anime City Yu-Gi-Oh! tournament that took place last week.
First of all, I apologize to everybody who was waiting for quite some time for me to get off of my lazy butt to write up this report....my schedule is sorely messed up these days. As in one minute I have all of the free time in the world and the next absolutely SWAMPED.
Anyway, on to the report.

Now, I'll have to warn you, this tournament wasn't really as eventful as the others I've either competed in or judged over, so please cut me some slack if this report seems a little dry.

The tournament kicked off at 10 sharp at Anime City 7.5.
I saw a lot of familiar faces there before the tournament started...what surprised me the most, though, that the majority of them that i saw had decided not to duel at this tournament. Even Rio decided to pull out at the last second.
I was taken a bit aback at this, but I suppose that they're all just biding their time until the Grand Stage of Dueling -Anime city 8.

In the tournament representing GATT were KajunKid, Bandit, dax, Brian [my brother] and returning champion ChickenandBeer. [I'm not sure if Sean Alexander is a GATTer, but he was there too, so I'll mention him here.] Surprisingly, virtually nobody from World Plus entered the tournament, but this is probably just in preparation for the Nationals.
Representing the 'coffee house' was tournament newcomers Pops and Jonathan.

And, before you ask, the boy who cheated his way through the GATT tourney did show up. I took the time to tell him that his actions during the last tournament were VERY dishonourable, and, if he pulled one stunt like what he did at the GATT tourney, then he's going to be immediately disqualified. The other Genesis officials were notified by me of his actions, and was on probation in that tournament.

The first round of the tournament started off a bit late...we were trying to seat all of the duelists and arranging everything before we got the show on the road, much to the displeasure of the duelists, who were waiting for quite some time. In the meantime, I took a look around and made sure everybody was prepared and ready to duel. I took out a few God cards out of some duelist's decks, helped water down some decks to a legal size of 60 cards, and gave some inquisitive duelists some last minute briefings on the rules, card details and so on.

Finally, after about 10 minutes, the tournament began.
The first round was done in the previous tournament's format- the 32 duelists who could rack up the most wins in 2 hours would move on to the next round. Of course, this could certainly spell trouble for decks that require some degree of stalling to work, [such as EXODIA], but those were the rules, and such decks had to make do.
As a judge, I could tell you that being the only judge tending to the needs of all of the duelists there was one HECK of a challenge. Seating people there, settling arguments there, and registering names were the agenda there.
As the round progressed, people like ChickenandBeer, Pops and Sean were racking up some wins. The name 'Daniel Ballentyne' became virtually etched in our minds, as he has become somewhat famous for racking up wins so quickly [you do know I mean C&B, right?] The boy who cheated in the last tournament also made some remarkable progress in this one, but, mind you, I had my eyes fixed on him the whole time. I watched him to make sure that he doesn't pull any fast ones there, because you know what would happen if he did.

In 2 hours, time was called and those who stood out in the rankings progressed to the next round. ChickenandBeer, Pops and the Cheater [I apologize for this tag, but I don't know his real name] racked up the most wins, with several others such as Jonathan [under the alias Rio] tagging along for the ride. Now came round two, but not after a little intermission.
During the intermission, I picked up my deck and challenged a few of the duelists for kicks. I won the majority of them, and even squared off with the Cheater. We drew, but only because the time for the second round had come. Upon leaving, he said that I owe him a duel. I said 'No problem.'

Round two was just like round one- Try to net the most wins in under an hour, and you will progress to the next round.
Eight people would then be chosen to move on to round three.
I would say that this is the round where people with stalling tactics REALLY suffered, for two reasons:
1. They only had an hour to work with, and that is not enough time to gather a substantial number of wins, and;
2. Some of them had to endure constant questioning of their cards and what they do by their opponents. Several people, including my brother, complained to me about this after the tournament.

It was also a round filled with controversy, as well.
There were concerns abound that Pops was dueling the same opponent over and over again to net easy wins. Pops alibi was that there was no other available duelists to duel. I tried to separate him from his opponent, but I found out that with 32 duelists, none of them was even close to finishing. It would be somewhat unfair to hold back two duelists just to wait for two others to finish, so I had them duel again. I finally saw an opening after the duel, and promptly separated Pops and his opponent.

Also, there were concerns that the Cheater was using Twin-Headed Behemoth illegally to gain advantage. I saw this, and explained to him that the card does not work like that. I did -not- disqualify him though. Some people are probably wondering why.
Before the tournament started, he had some questions about a card with a similar effect, Vampire Lord, and I had to explain to him how it worked.
So, it led me to believe that -this- time, it was a misinterpretation on his part. I can -NOT- disqualify somebody for that, even if I hate his guts for cheating the last time. Afterwards, I lingered and watched him like a hawk. No cheating from him, but probably because I was there.

The second round was finally called.
ChickenandBeer, the Cheater, Jonathan, Pops and several others [I can't remember everybody that was in the Great eight, sorry....] made it to the next round. The third round began immediately after the second, which made several duelists, as well as hungry me, groan for mercy.
 :-(

With much thanks to Killa, who bought  food for me from the caterers while I had to stay behind and watch the quarter-finalists, I was ready to preside over the last few laps of the tournament.
The third round was an elimination- any duelist who loses is out, out, out.
It went by pretty quickly, though....the Final Four boiled down to these contestants:

ChickenNbeer
Cheater
Pops
Jonathan

The Semi-Finals then took place.
All of the duelists took their places, and dueled.
I could tell you, it was a LOT easier for me to manage these duelists- only four of them compared to the 83 I had to tend to a while ago.
Seeing as how the Cheater was one of the Semi-finalists, I watched over
carefully-not too carefully, though, because of two things:

1. The cheater and his opponent were sitting on the far side of the table.
Seeing as how all of us were on the same table, I had to stretch a bit to oversee the duel.
2.The cheater's opponent was ChickenNBeer. :)  :)  :)

The other duel was between Pops and Jonathan.
The duels began...what got me when these battles commenced that ALL of the decks were some variation of a Fiend deck, inclusive of dark Ruler Ha Des and that damn crow, Yata-Garasu.
Anyway, Chicken eventually got the upperhand on his opponent, and eliminated him. After a long and drawn out duel, and careful use of Dark ruler Ha Des and Imperial Order, Jonathan pulled out a victory over Pops.
(Some interesting footnotes on that afterwards.)

And finally, it had arrived, the moment we had all been waiting for.
ChickenNBeer vs. Jonathan, the grand prize a GB Advance SP.

Now, I know you were all expecting some big climatic victory, after a long and drawn out battle between the two. Sorry to disappoint you folks, but it was nothing of the sort.
The battle turned out to be one upset victory as Jonathan, through use of Imperial Order and Dark Ruler, defeated ChickenNBeer, as ChickenNBeer kept pulling one bad draw after another.

In the end, Jonathan walked away with a GBA platinum, and C&B obtained a new trike. No prizes this time for 3rd and 4th, though....

And now, some footnotes from the tournament:

1. There were a lot of young duelists in the first round of the tournament. My guess is that it was their first time in a tournament like this, as they were trying to use God Cards and stacking their decks WAY above 60 [they thought 80 was the limit]. Also, out of all 83 duelists, only TWO were girls. One asked me if she was getting a prize because of that.
Well, all I could do is laugh a bit and shrug my shoulders, because, at the time, I didn't even know the prize structure.[Surprised?]

2. Like I said, nobody from World Plus appeared in this tournament. It was really a shame, too, since there are a LOT of talented duelists over there. Well, better luck next time...

3. In case you were wondering, no, the cheater and I never did have that last match. It makes you wonder if it was all part of destiny or some tra-la-la like that.

4. Tragedy struck when one duelist lost his deck at the start of the second round. That was just plain carelessness [heck, plain stupidity on his part] when he told us that he went to the bathroom and LEFT HIS DECK ON THE TABLE. I looked all over for any sign of his deck, including under tables, but discovered naught. I then issued a warning to all duelists to secure their belongings. Pops was blamed for the theft by the duelist and his friends, but there was no evidence, even after a search conducted by me.

5. An unfortunate yound duelist lost ten of his cards in the tournament.
It broke my heart so to see him so sad...it's really hard to lose even a part of your deck, especially at that age. I looked all over for the card, only to find a blank sleeve for my trouble. I tried to comfort him, telling him that the cards he lost could be easily gotten back...until he told me he lost a MIRROR FORCE.  :shock:

6. Pops acted like a nut when he lost..constantly ranting about how he tried so hard. Don't worry, he wasn't angry or anything...more of like in a jokey mood. Well, Pops, better luck next time.

7. After the tourney, we got to see the Duel Disks in action. The thing looked pretty cool, but the darn thing was difficult to strap on. plus, we tested it for all of the bugs that was stated in so many consumer reports and found them all to be true. My arm nearly gave out holding that darn thing.  :-x

8. I did not once take out my handy dandy rulebook to settle anything.
That's good, considering that taking it out of my crammed backpack would cause the contents to explode.

Well, it may not have been one of the best I've been to, but it was a pretty good tournament. Well, that's all from me! If there is any more details that I left out, please let me know in a reply to this thread.
Until then...later! 8)                    

Offline KajunKid

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 01, 2004, 05:09:07 AM »
just to add  a bit more info the dude who lost the mirror force blamed a gatt duelist bandit (yea the name makes it just seem bad lol).... and had AC8 security search him his bag and his deck... then after  i dueled the lil boy and when i used my force he said" thats my mirror force!"....needless to say he was not all that bright he was"sure" that it was his till i took it out of the case to reveal my 40$ mirror force lol in 40$ condition.:D                    
Why Fight It Baby? Your Too Late , You Cant Stop Kajun He\'s Too Great ;)

Offline KajunKid

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
Ac 7.5 Yugioh Tourney
« Reply #170 on: May 01, 2004, 05:14:02 AM »
dax that reminds me i didnt see u in the tourny... did u face a guy with a fire deck? with yamata dragon mirror force raigeki.... basic rare cards with a fire element?if so that was me                    

Offline battousai

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 01, 2004, 08:48:01 AM »
Just making sure but this 'cheater', was he the one that came in a jacket, ,was kinda short and always wanted to duel for cards.

How the hell he made it to the semifinals?

i remember dueling him, if its the same person. i beat him twice straight.
Well i guess its all about quickness and how much wins you can rack up in the roundd

Anyway anybody know the format for nationals. Hopefully its not most wins in a specific amount of time.                    
The world is heading to destruction day by day even if a man of  incredible strength were to arise he wouldn\'t be able to stop it

Offline PapaSmurf

• Ancient
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://deathtofanboyishspammahs.gatt.co.tt
« Reply #172 on: May 01, 2004, 12:17:04 PM »
Well and honorably done NEO and all other GATT duelists.....hopefully we will be out in greater numbers for GATT's 3rd tournament and for Nationals in August.

I am proud of all of you and wish you all the best in your duels!
Come out to tournaments to show all of T&T that GATT is the best there WAS, IS and EVER WILL BE!!!                    
Zetsumyoken......the Miracle Sword descends

Offline KajunKid

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 01, 2004, 05:21:10 PM »
yea ghat was him dude i still kinda disappointed that there were no duel disk action........lol                    

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • :ps3::wii::xbox360:
  • Referrals: 35
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carigamers.com
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
  • GPU: Geforce GTX 680 2GB
  • RAM: 16GB
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • MBL: Nexus 5x
  • PSN: TriniXaeno
  • XBL: TriniXaeno
« Reply #174 on: May 01, 2004, 09:01:03 PM »
a good read as always Neo!

report iwmc!

congrats to all involved                    

Offline hiddenagenda

• Jonin
  • Chakra -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 01, 2004, 09:39:09 PM »
I'll probably drop into the gatt tourney if I'm in the country then,another sort of tournament is calling me at that time.(July right?).
Great job Neo,and all the other duelists that showed up.
And for Chicken and beer;
YOU BIG PUNK<YOU LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>
:)
/me got a Satiou action figure for 2nd and now chicken gets a bike :(
/me cries
For those of you that saw me from 6am to 7:30am, i got the chance to look at alot of decks. I saw Roger there,sporting a brand new deck(New deck + same old person =/ winning combination) and saw so many Yata decks it wasn't funny.
/me remembers his first disruption deck with white magical hat
oh right back to my contribution.
I dont know of this Jonathon guy,but I can't stand pops.
I remembered how many times i used to cream him :(
THe poor guy actually used to give up first round(Crazyangel can testify to that ).

I'll be at the national DEFINATLY. This I have to witness first hand,and i'll brush up on some deck types and probably give some advice to younger duelists.                    
My Xbox has been ressurected!

Offline cereal_killer

• Jonin
  • Chakra -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 01, 2004, 09:51:27 PM »
gatt has to dominate the nationals                    

Offline Computerman

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
  • Can you see in the dark?
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 01, 2004, 10:11:43 PM »
Excellent report NEO.  I appreciate the detail.

just to add  a bit more info the dude who lost the mirror force blamed a gatt duelist bandit (yea the name makes it just seem bad lol).... and had AC8 security search him his bag and his deck... then after  i dueled the lil boy and when i used my force he said" thats my mirror force!"....needless to say he was not all that bright he was"sure" that it was his till i took it out of the case to reveal my 40$ mirror force lol in 40$ condition.:D

Hmm...I have no problem if security wants to search my stuff....but there are rules to follow:
(1) The search must be done in a private area (preferably an office with a door).
(2) The organiser/promoter or an official representative must also be present for the search.
(3) I must be allowed to have a witness present for the search.
(4) If I deem the searcher to be 'man handling' or 'roughing up' my belongings I WILL KICK HIS @$$!!

Ppl you have to keep an eye on your belongings!  There are probably two or three other eyes on it already!!  I always have my belongings on my person, in front of me, never swinging on the side or straddling on my back!  These cards cost $X,000's and I'm not giving a thief the opportunity to steal them!                    

Offline LoonyToon

• Chunin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 01, 2004, 10:51:32 PM »
well said neo

de tourney was aite but people was only ask in me questions bout de card jed

i not sure if u remember me neo but i was de fellah who was only callin u bout de butter fly dagger and had draw 25 cards and stuff                    
to whom much is given much is expected

Offline Aka_Neo

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://heaven-earth.ultra-gamers.com
« Reply #179 on: May 02, 2004, 10:07:47 AM »
the next tourney in ac8 i going with my clan members and try to let gatt win this time...good report there neo...                    
[/img]

Carigamers

« Reply #179 on: May 02, 2004, 10:07:47 AM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal