Author Topic: TSTT to Alternative mobile service provider  (Read 8589 times)

Offline samureye

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
TSTT to Alternative mobile service provider
« on: January 29, 2005, 11:26:49 PM »
So tell me this, when the impending competion for TSTT arrives, will you be switching over? I would like to. TSTT is quaking a bit. Notice that they getting all nice all of a sudden, doubling the speed of residential DSL customers etc. It's like they're trying to give you *gasp* value for your money! [_[  stupid TSTT

okay how about we use this as the official mobile service provider thread from now on, there is no need for any other threads on this topic. when i find the other one that was done i'll merge it with this one.                    

Carigamers

« on: January 29, 2005, 11:26:49 PM »

Offline Czar

• Ancient
  • Kage
  • Chakra 12
    • Xbox One
    • View Profile
  • XBL: slyCzar
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2005, 01:52:46 AM »
Quite frankly....even if the competition is more expensive (which isn't too likely imo)....I'd STILL switch to them! Anything to screw TSTT over...hit them mcs where it hurts...their cash flow!                    

Offline Venom

• Genin
  • Chakra -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2005, 09:19:26 AM »
one point to note fellas

(1) digicell will ultimately be the sole provider of mobile services, it is just a matter of time

With that said i think the question asked is rhetorical.

Of course we will switch

Because they will be offering better and more reliable services                    

Offline TrinireturnofGamez

• AdvancedTactics
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2005, 11:52:27 AM »
screw tstt ,i'll pay MORE for digicell once the service is a little better .                      
http://freetrinipoetry.blogspot.com/

Core 2 duo E6600
Asus mobo
Radeon HD 4770
2 gigs DDR2 667 + 2 gigs DDR 800 OCZ

Offline hiddenagenda

• Jonin
  • Chakra -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2005, 06:23:28 PM »
I also wouldn't mind paying more for better service.

My Xbox has been ressurected!

Carigamers

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2005, 06:23:28 PM »

Offline JïhåÐ Wã®lØrd

• Chunin
  • Chakra 0
  • GaNjA fArMeR
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2005, 09:10:21 PM »
well i cyar switch,cus i thiefin internet so i doh think tstt codes will work with digicell                    

you do not want to become friends with me,people who get close to me dont live too long-blade-technoman

Offline SUPR3M3

• Chunin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2005, 02:02:05 AM »
we not talkin bout internet we talkin bout cell.

and i aint switchin. when competition reach TSTT network go be free and breezy and they gonna increase the benefits like mad.

so please switch, so that i can finally make calls on tstt network without having to question if it gonna go through.

trust me i HATE TSTT, but their GSM network actually is really good it's just congested and it'll take awhile for Digicell to get thier network up to the standard TSTT's own is at right now.

FYI, Digicell will only be covering 50% of the island on their launch and will be using TSTT's towers for the other 50% until they get their network to cover the other 50. So even though u switch u aint gonna be off of TSTT totally just yet.

And if u think TSTT has a lot of dirty tactics, they have the same amount or more in fair tactics. They gonna clean up real nice when Digicell open and people start to migrate. I just wanna reap the rewards. ^_^ They owe me that much and sooooooooooooooooooooooo much more.                    

\"Show Me Your Soul\"

Offline carlsberg

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2005, 06:41:47 PM »
yea..this thread looks strangely familiar....

supreme making sum sense they....

i will look @ the offers we nDigicell setup

compare the two....and see wich one makes more sense and which is more  viable

TSTT real milk we of we money. I want revenge!
even though it mite be sticking with dem or switching                    
JIHAD

Offline JïhåÐ Wã®lØrd

• Chunin
  • Chakra 0
  • GaNjA fArMeR
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2005, 09:02:05 PM »
well the only reason i would switch to another service provider would be for reliability,and lower rates,but whe the competitors start to give offers,i think tstt will hold out on the incentives until like 25% of customers swithch then start to buss styles on we,and have dem men bawlin,.....but thats in a world called perfect..and where not living anywhere near perfect                    

you do not want to become friends with me,people who get close to me dont live too long-blade-technoman

Offline UltimateWarrior

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://non
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2005, 09:12:21 PM »
Tstt need a lessons. Hope a new company come soon. They better hope they able bet the prices of another place :lol:

Carlsberg is a BEAST in arcade. how does he do it.

[edit=Czar]
Next time use the edit feature instead of making a second post. Especially for something off topic.

PS. SPK is the current arcade beast.                    

U.W.K.S.

Offline Netizen1

• Global Moderator
  • Kage
  • Chakra 10
  • save de Earth, iz de only planet with chocolate!
    • :ps3: :psp:
    • View Profile
    • Trinidad Christian Center
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • PSN: Netizen1
  • Steam: Netizen1
Digicel Rates
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2005, 08:30:02 AM »

It was subsequently found out that this was for the Cayman Islands; not for Trinidad.

digiSELECT Tariffs

DigiSELECT                   Bundled      Monthly         Effective     Deposit         Credit
Packages                     Minutes    Subscription      Rate                               Limit

digiSELECT 375                 375          $45             12c           50                  150

digiSELECT 650                 650          $70             11c           75                  225

digiSELECT 900                 900          $90             10c           100                300

digiSELECT World               180         $45             25c           $50               $150

digiSELECT World               280         $70             25c           $75               $225

digiSELECT World               360         $90             25c           $100             $300

The following rates apply to calls outside the bundle:

Digicel to Digicel                     To Other Mobiles

Day  Evening   Weekend        Day  Evening   Weekend   

All select packages       22c    17c          15c             35c    32c         30c     

Other Rates and International Call Charges

Rates:

Service                                  Charge                                         

Voicemail (123)                        Free

Customer Care (100)                 Free

Handset Support (3263663)       $0.30 per call

Text Messaging                       $0.10 per message sent. 5c promo rate until end June

digiINFO (4636)                       $0.10 per message

Directory Enquiries (411)           $0.50 per minute

International Call Charges:

Calls to                                                         Day          Evening      Weekend

Jamaica, USA                                               $0.37        $0.32          $0.25

Canada, Ireland, UK, Turks & Caicos                 $0.45         $0.35          $0.30

Rest of the World                                          $0.65          $0.50         $0.40

Other Countries*                                          $0.85          $0.65         $0.60
« Last Edit: September 15, 2005, 08:47:03 AM by Voyd »

Offline suzieboy

• AdvancedTactics
  • Jonin
  • Chakra 1
    • PS3, Calculator
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Asus G50VT Core™2 Duo processor P7450
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS 512Mb
  • RAM: 4GB PC2-6400 DDR2
Re: TSTT to Alternative mobile service provider
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2005, 10:18:35 AM »

and i aint switchin. when competition reach TSTT network go be free and breezy and they gonna increase the benefits like mad.

trust me i HATE TSTT, but their GSM network actually is really good it's just congested and it'll take awhile for Digicell to get thier network up to the standard TSTT's own is at right now.

So true...TSTT GMS Mobile system is actually holding more than it suppose t hold. People shouldnt be quick to change Service provider....not sayin you shouldnt but study the market...

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 3770
  • GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070
  • RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR3 2166MHz
  • Broadband: FLOW
  • Steam: W1nTry
  • XBL: W1nTry
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2005, 11:13:08 AM »
But what about the argument that you don't offer more handsets than your network can handle? I mean think of it. If you own a restaurant, you don't OVER book seats on the premise that everyone will NOT come in when they are scheduled to? if you do that you get alot of angry customers and that means loss of repeat business. Same with cell phones, look at how 1 bomb in POs and the WHOLE cell network went down in FLAMES. They have GROSSLY oversold cell phones that their network is not ever REMOTELY capable of handling. Imagine you're in a jam friday evening, maybe yuh car break down on the Lady young and yuh cayh call nobody cause the network bogged down. DAT IS NONESENSE, plus the rates we paying #$%^ TSTT. I only using them cause we have no choice right now. PLUS be SURE TSTT is gonna squeeze digical b@llz till next march which is (as best as I know) when the whole land lines issue resolution deadline. Basically one of digicels problems right now is that they cannot call from a digicel phone to a TSTT phone cause of some land line issues (or so i've heard, if i'm wrong someone plesae do inform us). KNOWING how TSTT is, that means digicel on de back burner til next year more or less. B@LLZ I tell you.

Offline Kaizen

• Sannin
  • Chakra 7
  • Captain Crunch mofos.
    • PsP,Ps2,Ps3,xbox 360,Nintendo Wii,Nintendo Ds
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel i7 740qm
  • GPU: Nvidia 460gtxm
  • RAM: 16 gigs ddr3
  • PSN: Kaiz_tt
  • XBL: kaiztt
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2005, 11:29:21 PM »
hmm the cell phone thing is awfull and it doesnt matter the price service <corprate here> is what matters to me when u need to make a urgent on ur celly and tstt cant linky u up with someone time to cuss.
as for the digicell problems i heard no such thing talking to an exec but i was just talking about package offers ^_^ ..for me once its gsm they usin no need to buy handset or w/e
and TSTT has some up there sleeves for digi dont worry ...well see

as for internet issues i hope we get a nice 2 mbs residential ...if we can

Offline Netizen1

• Global Moderator
  • Kage
  • Chakra 10
  • save de Earth, iz de only planet with chocolate!
    • :ps3: :psp:
    • View Profile
    • Trinidad Christian Center
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • PSN: Netizen1
  • Steam: Netizen1
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2005, 11:46:48 PM »
2Mbps dsl... way boy, yuh kinda greedy to start with eh? If they blocked TSTT's planned 512Kbps upgrade (and I'm now not too sure if that was really the case) then they'll surely block a 2Mbps dsl from an upstart, esp. if it'll rival TSTT's DSL for price...

Next thing, I don't think all of T&T's lines are capable of running over the 1.544Mbps dsl speed. Hopefully we'll see more of the ISP's hitting that bar sooner rather than later. (and not bussin ppl pocket at the same time)

Lastly, I believe that TSTT really did over extend themselves in the cellular market, so when competition does come into play, I agree with the general trend of thought - Less ppl on TSTT GSM network, so it'll be easier to make / receive calls.....

But then again, we'll now be introduced to the in network vs. out of network scenario... Each provider will have another cost for calls that aren't within their network.... pay attention to the rates I posted earlier in this discussion.

Who's gonna buss who's throat then....

Time will surely tell

Offline Trinitus

• AdvancedTactics
  • Kage
  • Chakra 7
  • to each his own, to all the universe
    • me eh have none.....yet
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 QUAD Q6600
  • GPU: XFX 4890 XT on a Nvidia Board :)
  • RAM: OCZ 4 x 2gb PC2 6400 SLi ready
  • Broadband: Flow...watch...talk....mind yuh bizness!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2005, 12:05:34 PM »
Everybody looking foward to Digicell instead of TSTT and allyuh right, But what about laqtel honestly i dont really know how good theyll be but they gonna put in a new CDMA system that is supposedly more reliable than GSM, by the way is Digicel doing GSM only?
I am awaken to the glory that is my birthright!!!

Offline bitablood

• Genin
  • Chakra 5
  • choice is an illusion to conceal control
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2005, 02:14:02 PM »
anyone else better than tstt. once the service good and the price good i will switch. i see the digicel rates and i think the only thing is that when you make a call from your cell, your minutes go down and when someone calls you your minutes also go down. so yuh cah do like what moste people do with a prepaid cell, have no money on it ant still recieve calls.

you still pay for the calls that you recieve, but with them prices that digicell have i will more than switch, yuh could more than afford to make calls now and i just hope they have rollover minutes too.

Offline TinyGrasshopper

• Chunin
  • Chakra -5
    • Wii, PS3
    • View Profile
    • Subway Chronicles
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 1.86GHz
  • GPU: 9500 GT
  • RAM: 8GB
  • PSN: chrisyeem
Re: Digicel Rates
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2005, 02:23:32 PM »
*BUMP*

Jus got this from a friend....is about time......tstt in real trouble........

Haven't seen it as yet on the forums so, you read it first :P
digiSELECT Tariffs
DigiSELECT                   Bundled      Monthly         Effective     Deposit         Credit
Packages                     Minutes    Subscription      Rate                               Limit
digiSELECT 375                 375          $45             12c           50                  150
digiSELECT 650                 650          $70             11c           75                  225
digiSELECT 900                 900          $90             10c           100                300
digiSELECT World               180         $45             25c           $50               $150
digiSELECT World               280         $70             25c           $75               $225
digiSELECT World               360         $90             25c           $100             $300

The following rates apply to calls outside the bundle:
                                 Digicel to Digicel                     To Other Mobiles
                                 Day  Evening   Weekend        Day  Evening   Weekend                             
All select packages       22c    17c          15c             35c    32c         30c     
Other Rates and International Call Charges
Rates:
Service                                  Charge                                         
Voicemail (123)                        Free
Customer Care (100)                 Free
Handset Support (3263663)       $0.30 per call
Text Messaging                       $0.10 per message sent. 5c promo rate until end June
digiINFO (4636)                       $0.10 per message
Directory Enquiries (411)           $0.50 per minute
International Call Charges:
Calls to                                                         Day          Evening      Weekend
Jamaica, USA                                               $0.37        $0.32          $0.25
Canada, Ireland, UK, Turks & Caicos                 $0.45         $0.35          $0.30
Rest of the World                                          $0.65          $0.50         $0.40
Other Countries*                                          $0.85          $0.65         $0.60

It was subsequently found out that this was for the Cayman Islands; not for Trinidad.

Everybody looking foward to Digicell instead of TSTT and allyuh right, But what about laqtel honestly i dont really know how good theyll be but they gonna put in a new CDMA system that is supposedly more reliable than GSM, by the way is Digicel doing GSM only?

Digicel is doing GSM. Laqtel is doing CDMA. GSM would make roaming across the Caribbean muc cheaper, although Laqtel is set to go after the entire Caribbean market so they probably have a strategy for dealing with that hurdle. CDMA however supports high-speed 3G data services. It is unknown whether they'll provide functionality as a broadband modem but a greater variety of services could be offered with CDMA.
"Protect your digital freedom and privacy, eliminate DRM, learn more at "
Scroll buttons and the bad be together at last. How you ever learn to scrigee-scroll so fast?

Offline Kaizen

• Sannin
  • Chakra 7
  • Captain Crunch mofos.
    • PsP,Ps2,Ps3,xbox 360,Nintendo Wii,Nintendo Ds
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel i7 740qm
  • GPU: Nvidia 460gtxm
  • RAM: 16 gigs ddr3
  • PSN: Kaiz_tt
  • XBL: kaiztt
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2005, 05:34:05 PM »
2mbps not greedy O_O speeeeed
well cdma as far as i know in america picks up in the subway etc its very good ill wait to see laqtel announce there strategy if they didnt already

Offline TrinireturnofGamez

• AdvancedTactics
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2005, 12:12:15 AM »
  If we get service in brazil, talparo etc.  the bushmen will definately switch ...   i doubt that Digicell or Laqtel will provide a good alternate ISP unless they run some fibre optic lines to get low ping bandwidth .
http://freetrinipoetry.blogspot.com/

Core 2 duo E6600
Asus mobo
Radeon HD 4770
2 gigs DDR2 667 + 2 gigs DDR 800 OCZ

Carigamers

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2005, 12:12:15 AM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal