Author Topic: What do you believe?  (Read 28370 times)

Offline CRaZyAnGeL

• Kage
  • Chakra 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
What do you believe?
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2004, 12:43:11 PM »
i believe that new era outlaw is insane
that dsl price is still to high
that cariblink shud lower their pings
and finally that maraval is too far                    

Carigamers

What do you believe?
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2004, 12:43:11 PM »

The_Dark_Goddess

What do you believe?
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2004, 06:08:24 PM »
heh
sometimes i think trinidad not too small enough in truth yes.
agreed@crazy angel

i agree with kayode --> I believe that there are aspects of existence that we cannot understand and will never understand totally. There are forces much bigger than us in this world.

I think that that religion is a weak attempt to explain those things. It's also infused with politics, ignorance, bigotry and other human weaknesses, because its a human creation through and through. All religion.

i couldnt have said it better myself.

i remember abandoning the last belief thread...glad its back, had some sensible things in there

i believe that if and when you judge a person, you best keep the verdict to yourself
i believe in dreaming as though you will live forever. But living as though you will die tomorrow.
i believe that shit happens. sometimes there's a reason...sometimes there isnt.
i believe that truth is a matter of perspective.
while i believe that life is probably the longest thing you can do (honestly...what can u do that's longer than live?) it is far too short for some things.
i believe that there are things in life worth risking everything for.
i believe that without happiness, there is no point.
i believe that our memories make us who we are, whether we remember or not.
i believe that whether something is good or bad, is perspective, and that the bad is essential to life. For without it, how could we tell what was good?                    

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
  • The prodigal gunslinger returns.
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
  • PSN: RyRodrigo
What do you believe?
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2004, 06:34:53 PM »
i believe that new era outlaw is insane

Who...me?
Insane?
Now what gave you that idea?

<_<
>_>
(puts a pineapple on his head)
I'm NAPOLEAN, B!TCH!

I believe that gorillas riding razor scooters in Woodford Square should be banned. They may have brute force on their side, but God DAMN if they aren't the WORST razor scooter drivers I have ever seen! They'd scoop up innocent pedestrians faster than you can say 'NEO, hymc and stop talking SH!T!'

Urr....NO, I haven't actually SEEN a gorilla on a razor scooter mowing down random people. That's why I'm saying, it's better to be SAFE than SORRY.                    

Offline Imperial_X

• Sannin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
What do you believe?
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2004, 06:40:08 PM »
I believe that some of the scientists heralded for their knowledge in times before are nothing but bullsh!t.  Albert Einstein for instance.  Isaac Newton is another.

The theory of relativity put into practical sense would mean that if you travel at the speed of light for let's say about 25 years, that everthing except you will age 25 years.  

Isaac Newton.  Please.  You mean to tell me he DISCOVERED GRAVITY.  Billions upon billions of years ago, fruits fell off trees.  Must be my mistake, gravity couldn't have existed then.                    
Consciousness yearn to kill
To re-affirm the will,
Zealous I burn the drill
Forging, I mould the skill.

The_Dark_Goddess

What do you believe?
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2004, 06:55:48 PM »
lol!!!!!!!!!!!
good point@ gravity eh....
but i have to say i like the way Al explained relativity.
"If you sit next to a pretty girl for two hours, it feels like two minutes. If you sit next to an oven for two minutes, it feels like two hours. That is relativity" :P                    

Carigamers

What do you believe?
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2004, 06:55:48 PM »

Offline CRaZyAnGeL

• Kage
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
What do you believe?
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2004, 07:10:07 PM »
^^^^
time does fly like nutting
god dammit where dis yesterday go?                    

Offline Kayode

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://
What do you believe?
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2004, 07:29:15 PM »
I believe you shouldn't talk about things you don't know about.

Newton was the first scientist to recognise the importance of the force, research it, and document it as a law, which in turn enabled thousands of scientists and engineers after him to create more practical uses for it.

And just as a footnote, "discovery" means finding something that was already there. So saying that there was gravity billions of years ago doesn't invalidate the one man's discovery of it billions of years later.

You mixing up discovery with invention.

I won't even start up on Einstein...because I can't. I not trying to pretend that as a layman I can understand or invalidate complex theories that scientists have studied for decades.                    

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
What do you believe?
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2004, 07:40:19 PM »
I believe that some of the scientists heralded for their knowledge in times before are nothing but bullsh!t.  Albert Einstein for instance.  Isaac Newton is another.

The theory of relativity put into practical sense would mean that if you travel at the speed of light for let's say about 25 years, that everthing except you will age 25 years.  

Isaac Newton.  Please.  You mean to tell me he DISCOVERED GRAVITY.  Billions upon billions of years ago, fruits fell off trees.  Must be my mistake, gravity couldn't have existed then.

Well, I wouldn't say the guy actually INVENTED gravity.
A more politically correct statement would be to say that Isaac Newton developed a theory about the force which pulls all matter towards the Earth, sparked by the simple act of an apple falling off of a tree.

To tell you the truth, it is correct to say that Isaac discovered gravity -he was the first human being to really take notice and appreciate what this
force binding all physical matter within the Earth's atmosphere is.
Most human beings back then, just didn't really appreciate, heck, they didn't really CARE what gravity was. All that mattered was, it was there, it was a part of life, and they accepted it. People jumped off buildings, they went splat. That was their reasoning. Isaac merely elaborated on it, and gave the world his theories into gravity, resulting in much more knowledgeable people (on the topic of gravity) today.

As for the theory of relativity being put into that application.....I guess we won't know anytime soon, would we? Nobody's really travelled at the speed of light to say that the application of the theory of relativity to this activity was complete bunk. We truly won't know until they actually make it possible for beings to travel at the speed of light. Everybody has there theories....their own little hypotheses as to what may be put to reason as a result of past discoveries. Until the development of some way or method to find out 'What if?', that's really all they're going to be- hypotheses.                    

Offline Kayode

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
What do you believe?
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2004, 08:11:59 PM »

As for the theory of relativity being put into that application.....I guess we won't know anytime soon, would we? Nobody's really travelled at the speed of light to say that the application of the theory of relativity to this activity was complete bunk. We truly won't know until they actually make it possible for beings to travel at the speed of light. Everybody has there theories....their own little hypotheses as to what may be put to reason as a result of past discoveries. Until the development of some way or method to find out 'What if?', that's really all they're going to be- hypotheses.

Same thing I was thinking. At least...along the same lines.  :P

How can anyone invalidate a theory if they haven't actually tested it out?

Or at the very least, tested its variables totally. No one's travelled at the speed of light yet. Not even close.                    

Offline butter_knife

• Jonin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
What do you believe?
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2004, 10:31:24 PM »
talkin bout albert einstein and gravity

"Gravity should not be blamed for ppl falling in love" or sumething like that                    

Rich people aren\'t crazy, we\'re eccentric

Offline Imperial_X

• Sannin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
What do you believe?
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2004, 10:02:10 AM »
Neo, Isaac Newton could NEVER have discovered gravity.  I'm saying way before him and his time, you mean to say NO ONE person just said to himself, "Dude, that apple just fell off the tree....whoaaaaaa"?  There were scientists before Mr. Newton, there were scientists before the Greeks.  Actually who I'm talking about taught the greeks what they know and they still couldn't understand some of the philosophies fully.

Kayode, that's my point.  It would be wrong to invalidate such a claim without testing but that's where Albert Einsteins true genius came into play.  He knew no one could test this theory to prove it false and came forward with that piece of crap theory no one can even begin to experiment on.                    
To re-affirm the will,
Zealous I burn the drill

Offline Kayode

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
What do you believe?
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2004, 12:39:08 PM »
Imperial, yuh real off course brother...sorry.

Seeing a fruit fall off a tree and realising the universality of the force behind the fall is two different things. Knowing that things fall, and applying that knowledge to the research and documentation of scientific laws is two different things.

You're oversimplifying things that you don't understand, just so you can say they aren't any big deal.

That is dangerous business.

But that's just my opinion.                    

Offline Rommel

• Kage
  • Chakra -1
    • View Profile
What do you believe?
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2004, 12:19:09 AM »
the concept of gravity as I understand it is not simply the force that pulls us down but how it exists etc.

therefore if I was a caveman and I saw an apple fall of a tree I still would not have a clue about "gravity" as science knows it today

however I believe we should not debate/talk in lenght about such things as we said what we believe already

so moving on

I believe I am in sh!t right now :-(  (not joking)                    
~~Plague~~
                          ~~Bubba~~
~~HQ United~~
                          ~~L2 Outsiders~~
~~Team Z~~

the legacy continues....

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
What do you believe?
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2004, 01:07:46 AM »
And just as a footnote, "discovery" means finding something that was already there.

Imperial, read nah man.
Kayode has given a VERY accurate definition of discovery.
I mean, think about it.
What IS there to discover, if it doesn't exist in the first place, right?
Anyway, enough talk about this.
If we wanted this to balloon into some heated debate on gravity, we should have given it its own thread.

BACK On TOPIC, now.
I believe that Heinz is the best damn tasting sandwich spread I ever had.
Their ketchup sucks, mind you, but that spread is to die for.
I also believe that if you don't pitch in to support the petition to keep razor-scooter riding gorillas OFF the sidewalk, I may have to hunt you down.                    

Offline Imperial_X

• Sannin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
What do you believe?
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2004, 09:16:34 AM »
Well yes perhaps I am oversimplifying things.  Let me change my approach.  Isaac Newton was not even close to the first scientist to document research on gravity.  History has made sure that Newton was the one you would hear about.  I did say that in my previous post.  I'll just leave it at that.                    
To re-affirm the will,
Zealous I burn the drill

Offline SPK

• Ancient
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 16
  • You ever wonder why we're here...?
    • Glorious PC Gaming Master Race.
    • View Profile
  • CPU: AMD FX 8320
  • GPU: Sapphire Radeon 7870 2GB
  • RAM: 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1333.
  • Broadband: Flow.
  • Steam: spk1983tt
What do you believe?
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2004, 12:56:43 AM »
I believe that discrimination without reason is something that can seriously hurt someone, especially if the persecuted did no wrong...                    
Nagamete iru dake ja, itsumademo te ni dekinai...nagamete iru dake ja, kimi no mono ni wa naranai...

ssssssSSSSSSS...That's a nice everything you got there....SSSSSSS.

Offline Kayode

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
What do you believe?
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2004, 03:10:59 AM »
I believe that discrimination without reason is something that can seriously hurt someone, especially if the persecuted did no wrong...

"Wrong" is relative. Everyone's doing something wrong at any given moment, if you take religious talk seriously.

The only "wrong" I adhere to in my beliefs is causing harm to someone.                    

Offline SPK

• Ancient
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 16
    • View Profile
What do you believe?
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2004, 08:36:03 AM »
Not causing harm, but not religious either...more like just when someone just basically is like "I don't like X person" and that's that....even after meeting once.                    
Nagamete iru dake ja, itsumademo te ni dekinai...nagamete iru dake ja, kimi no mono ni wa naranai...

Offline Rommel

• Kage
  • Chakra -1
    • View Profile
What do you believe?
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2004, 12:27:44 AM »
I believe that my life is up in the air and I am waiting for it to come down

I believe we should try to limit the discussions in this thread so as to prevent spamage

please for SPK's sake :P                    
~~Plague~~
                          ~~Bubba~~
~~HQ United~~
                          ~~L2 Outsiders~~
~~Team Z~~

the legacy continues....

Offline SPK

• Ancient
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 16
    • View Profile
What do you believe?
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2004, 09:39:12 AM »
I don't mind the discussions, once it has valid points, so it's not a prob with me, so long that ppl don't make spam out of it.                    

Carigamers

What do you believe?
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2004, 09:39:12 AM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal