Author Topic: KOF Maximum impact : can CAPCOM make a comback ?  (Read 3832 times)

Offline ShinSagat

• Jonin
  • Chakra 2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://ps2.ign.com
KOF Maximum impact : can CAPCOM make a comback ?
« on: May 13, 2004, 09:02:28 PM »
Basically want to know what the public thinks street fighter needs to bring to the 3d arena to have it excel as a 3d fighter not only for those who love and understand the game such as the controversial EX3 which some love and some hate.... what can bring it to the next level                    

Hmph...Try again Kid - Sagat

Carigamers

« on: May 13, 2004, 09:02:28 PM »

Offline Imperial_X

• Sannin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 10:05:30 PM »
Street Fighter 3rd Strike is coming out on ps2 and xbox.  I'm not sure about gamecube though and I don't really care.

Anyway, the xbox version will have online play which is too cool for school as long as you have a fast enough connection...and an xbox with xbox live.

If anything, 3rd Strike will make solid sales figures for Capcom.  With regards to EX3, its just out of the retardedness and brain dead way of thinking that makes people hate this game.  
There are people would say that all EX is crap blah blah blah and then turn back to say how CvS2 was dread.
Many people have said to me that super/special cancelling was lame but they failed to realize that was the basis for later SF games like CvS2 and 3rd Strike.

CvS2 had Level 2 cancelling which made a character able to cancel any level two super into almost any move and have it combo.  This adhered to certain rules that would take too long to explain.

3rd Strike had special cancelling which enables a character to cancel for example Ryu's hadoken into a shin sho ryu ken(uppercut super).

EX3 is simply the best TAG fighting game in existance to date.  It is more than anyone could hope for.  What killed it though was that its release was rushed because it was to be introduced with the opening of ps2 sales.

The lack of appreciation of something special is why we most likely won't have an EX4.  EX3 is somewhat balanced as well, unlike SvC Chaos and some other games I can call.  Being real about the subject, the EX series just sports 3d graphics but is not truly 3d.  You cannot sidestep projectiles with everyone a la Soul Calibur.  Garuda is possibly the only character that can do that and he requires as super to do it.

I've already said too much.                    
Consciousness yearn to kill
To re-affirm the will,
Zealous I burn the drill
Forging, I mould the skill.

Offline Bob

• Jonin
  • Chakra 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2004, 01:57:27 PM »

EX3 is simply the best TAG fighting game in existance to date.  It is more than anyone could hope for.  What killed it though was that its release was rushed because it was to be introduced with the opening of ps2 sales.

*whispers in the wind*

Tekken Tag Tournament

*goes back to his  hidden village*                    

http://www.realultimatepower.net/
the world needs snake... only the US needs fisher...

Offline Imperial_X

• Sannin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2004, 05:25:05 PM »
And yes Bob I did say this with Tekken Tag in mind specifically....and I was sober too.

TTT's tag system is not as open to innovation as EX3's.  With a bit of creativity, you can do wonders.  Here's something my friend hosted for me.  See for yourself.  This not in anyway possible in a match as the tag bar does not fill so quickly without being hit etc.

http://www.streamload.com/Deliver/Deliver....eID%3D996015014                    
To re-affirm the will,
Zealous I burn the drill

Offline Imperial_X

• Sannin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2004, 05:41:27 PM »
I came across that whiff dive kick double projectile ender about a few months ago.  Forgive the noobish nature of the second one not connecting fully as I didn't fully try to test out possible setups.

As a result, I missed a couple of hits.  DAMMIT!!!!!                    
To re-affirm the will,
Zealous I burn the drill

Carigamers

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2004, 05:41:27 PM »

Offline Bob

• Jonin
  • Chakra 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2004, 07:55:51 PM »
Superb ill give you that but my opinion still stands.

Unless you suddenly gain strong telepathic powers and change my opinion thru mind control. EX3's tag system is best suited for just that    EX3.

There some pretty insane tag combos out there in regards to TTT but most of them are never online anyways.Maybe a few years ago                    

http://www.realultimatepower.net/
the world needs snake... only the US needs fisher...

Offline Imperial_X

• Sannin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2004, 11:27:32 PM »
Sorry, I posted the link for the wrong combo there.  That was one done by someone else.  This one was done by me.  (Evil Ryu and Kairi)

You may have a point there about the tag system but EX3 has the most innovative I've seen from any tag fighter game I've played.  

TTT was always a pain to make up combos so I'd just get a combo guide or something for those but as for EX3, I've got one formula in my head and I'm able to create numerous possibilities out of one given situation/setup.                    
To re-affirm the will,
Zealous I burn the drill

Offline ShinSagat

• Jonin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2004, 12:24:34 AM »
Hear my view and please people feel welcome to deny it I like a good professional arguement...

1) street fighter 3 is one of the best upgrades fightin wise from one game to another (street fighter 2 - 3) AND IT NO 3D and those that get dis up about lovin Guilty gear know where I comin from.. no flashy SIDESTEP but rather a parry system which negates 99% of defensive playes comin out of Street fighter 2.  ALSO they introduce alot of different type of fightin styles namely oro , urien (no he not like guile doh even try dat) ubiki, elena ,yun and yang.  May I add they didn' take the cversion from a nex game and make it nuclear powerd or super duper amount of hits ....AHEM *SNK*

2) street fighter EX2-3... Ok maybe not the best 3d fighter when lingering with tekken and Soul calibur  lacking the vital SIDESTEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but lets be real about one thing ... givin a sidestep the fighting ssytem would be rocked to hell as a person would become over defensive
firing worthless hadoukens if you doh sidestep and waitin for time if u do and this would make d game relly borin so dey make it where you can barely run from your opponent while givin the 3d feel that some people crave

3) EX3 is not the best tag system ever..that goes to smackdown here comes the pain but definitedly not to KING OF FIGHTERS 200?(whatever) or TEKKEN TAG  or even wait capcom made the rest of crossover/ tag games ?!!! Anyway EX does not allow for you to juggle your opponent into the air and allow your opponent to run in and do some juggle combo...or stamp on he head when he land..or some charge move...it doh allow you to dodge and attack and run in with one attack  with your nex character . IT DOES HOWEVER allow you to start a combo as u tag (no yuh doh run away for a hot roti one time) and allow your partner to finish your job it has actually powerful tag moves that look MAD (no tossin your character into a person who does the same damn throw they do normally is not bad) u can use change to negate a close hit and counter hard or even use it as a fake to grab & trip with partner..

N E way das it for now imperial video is like d peek usage of dis game I givin yuh basics                    

Offline Arucard-D

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2004, 12:10:31 PM »
Man, I see a preview of the new KOF...that looking real jed!!
I dunno if capcom could test that....then again...capcom is a boss too, so we go see.                    

Offline Imperial_X

• Sannin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2004, 01:10:31 PM »
Anyway EX does not allow for you to juggle your opponent into the air and allow your opponent to run in and do some juggle combo...or stamp on he head when he land..or some charge move...it doh allow you to dodge and attack and run in with one attack  with your nex character . IT DOES HOWEVER allow you to start a combo as u tag (no yuh doh run away for a hot roti one time) and allow your partner to finish your job it has actually powerful tag moves that look MAD (no tossin your character into a person who does the same damn throw they do normally is not bad) u can use change to negate a close hit and counter hard or even use it as a fake to grab & trip with partner..

Actually, in EX3 you CAN start a juggle and let your partner come in and finish.  Its there in that clip I posted.  Evil Ryu uppercut xx hurricane super, c mp xx tag jump hp xx hurricane xx hurricane super then in comes Kairi to finish the job (and Evil Ryu lands and goes for a hot roti off screen)

What's that you say about grapples.  In EX3 its simple enough.  Just tag, use a grab (by this time you will see your partner waiting at the spot your opponent will land) and you can combo them into oblivion.  That's what I'm tryin to say here.  No other game on the market touches that kind of tag versatility.  

Smackdown can't do that man.  I don't even know if you can call it a fighting game to begin with.  There is a classification between fighting and wrestling if you want to get specific.                    
To re-affirm the will,
Zealous I burn the drill

Offline rb2k2

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2004, 02:03:33 PM »
In sf3 too much parrying isnt a good thing , it leaves you open ( sounds weird doesnt it). Throws in 3s will become your bestest friend. in case none of thismakes sense...i have been awake for the past 46hrs...i just saw sf3 and posted :D                    

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • :ps3::wii::xbox360:
  • Referrals: 35
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carigamers.com
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
  • GPU: Geforce GTX 680 2GB
  • RAM: 16GB
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • MBL: Nexus 5x
  • PSN: TriniXaeno
  • XBL: TriniXaeno
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2004, 02:41:12 PM »
Probably gonna get hit for 6, but the guys who made Rage of The Dragons didn't a pretty over the top job when it came to combos with a tag system.

Chrono X says it's not the best fighting game....but you can't argue with those massive tag combos, just sweet. Especially how they differ or improve depending on which characters are tagged together.

But to answer the guys question, I think we need more fluid play (this is an EX based opinion, it always seemed a bit stiff)                    

Offline Imperial_X

• Sannin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2004, 07:00:42 PM »
Well get an X arcade!!!!!

Nothing plays stiff on that.                    
To re-affirm the will,
Zealous I burn the drill

Offline ShinSagat

• Jonin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2004, 11:55:17 AM »
SMACKDOWN WAS A JOKE LOL !!!!! HAAHAHHAHAHAHA                    

Offline ShinSagat

• Jonin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2004, 11:58:52 AM »
Oh and what I mean is u actually do a combo horse and he juggle with him I DO NOT LIKE to see a man hit u in the air and allow his partner to come in and just do some stamp or some kinda dive NO Ex do allow for that kinda CRAP juggle what u did can actually go more with air combo than juggle ....  especially wit mr paul . Now street fighter is no stranger to actual Juggle aka Alpha 3 but das another day (LOL @ALPHA 4)                    

Carigamers

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2004, 11:58:52 AM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal