Author Topic: The CRICKET thread...  (Read 40256 times)

Offline carlsberg

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
The CRICKET thread...
« Reply #140 on: April 19, 2004, 07:08:18 PM »
u see dillion....take d 1st wicket
i figure he back in form now
iglad dey give him a 2nd chance

and smith ketch on d boundry ...dat sud a been play of d day
seeing how d team perform overall
i tink we have a great chance of winning the both matches in trinidad

i definitel going dere and lime up in one of dem special boxes                    
JIHAD

Carigamers

The CRICKET thread...
« Reply #140 on: April 19, 2004, 07:08:18 PM »

Offline ~*Ashiee*~

• Global Moderator
  • Sannin
  • Chakra -10
  • There is no shelter from the storm.
    • View Profile
The CRICKET thread...
« Reply #141 on: April 21, 2004, 09:48:40 AM »
i don't know if you all have heard the tragic news
i put this in this thread because of the link to the cricket hero brian lara

Young cousins witness to horror
Boy, 9, hangs himself

By RHONDOR DOWLAT

TWO young children, aged three and six years respectively, witnessed the horrific accidental death of their nine-year-old cousin Dillon Ramlal, who hanged himself with the strap of a schoolbag while playing at his Penal home on Monday afternoon. Ramlal earlier told his parents he wanted to see his hero, West Indies cricket captain Brian Lara, in the flesh, while he (Lara) toured San Fernando yesterday. “My boy was a good son who had good dreams and aspirations. He was a good boy and now he’s gone to a place somewhere in the heavens,” a tearful Sherina Ramlal told Newsday yesterday, as she recalled her last moments with her son. The hanging was deemed by police a freak accident and it has sent dozens of his neighbours, friends and relatives into mourning.

Ramlal lived with his parents at Rochard Road, Clarke Road in Penal and was reportedly left at home to play with his younger cousins Randy Seelal, six, and Ria Rampersad, three, in a bedroom, while Dillon’s mother Sherina, 29, left to go to a nearby grocery. Older brother Brandon,11, was sitting in the living-room watching the live telecast of Lara being feted along the Brian Lara Promenade. According to police reports, Dillon was playing on the bed with his younger cousins Randy and Ria at around 4.30 pm, when he took a strap from the schoolbag belonging to Brandon and climbed onto the bed-head which enabled him to reach a nail in the rafter, on which he secured one end of the strap.

He playfully wrapped the strap around his neck while his younger cousins, unaware of the danger, looked on in glee. Dillon then jumped onto the mattress with the strap secured around his neck. But when he landed on the mattress, it sank under his weight, and he suffocated.
While Dillon’s life was slowly ebbing away as he suffocated and twitched uncontrollably, his cousins, too young to comprehend what was going on, laughed and continued playing, police said. When Dillon grew still, his younger cousins sensed something was wrong and ran to the living-room and alerted Brandon, who brushed them off, thinking they (the cousins) were playing a prank. After the cousins continued pressing Brandon to go to the bedroom, he (Brandon) did so and, on seeing his brother hanging, he ran to the nearby home of his aunt, Sintra.

At the same time Brandon was out alerting his aunt, his mother returned home from the grocery and almost collapsed when she saw the body of her youngest son, which was clad in his favourite black shorts and black netted vest, hanging from the rafter of the bedroom. An EHS ambulance was called in and the unconscious boy rushed to San Fernando General Hospital, where he was pronounced dead on arrival. A team of Penal officers, including Cpl Flanders, PC Douglas, WPC Myers and WPC Lopez, visited the scene. Speaking to Newsday, a sombre Brandon said at the time when his cousins entered the living room to alert him, he did not take them on since he (Brandon) was accustomed to his younger brother and cousins playing pranks on him. “It was only when my cousin Randy said Dillon was not moving and he was playing dead, that I decided to go and check on him. I became frightened when I saw him hanging, so I then called my aunt Sintra, who was at the house next door,” Brandon said.

Ramlal, a Standard Three student of Clarke Rochard Government School, waited anxiously for the reopening of the new  term, so he could return to school and meet his classmates and teachers, whom he had not seen over the Easter vacation. Grieving relatives told Newsday that Dillon spent the first day of school playing with friends and bragging to his teachers and schoolmates about all the exciting things he had done over the Easter holiday, including picking melons, catching fish and even learning to ride a bicycle. Ramlal’s mother tearfully said her son’s birthday was coming up on April 29 and that he asked her to  prepare dhal, rice and smoke herring for him, so he could “eat his belly full.” He also told her not to worry about gifts.

The distraught mother said that her son was one who would make everyone laugh and forget all their worries; instead of confiding in her, he confided in his uncle David Sirju, who also considered Ramlal as his own son since he himself did not have any children. Dillon looked up to Brian Lara as his hero and was looking forward to seeing the batting star in the flesh. “My son, being a cricket fan and a fan of Lara, was anxiously awaiting the day to come when he would stand along the road along with his schoolmates to see Lara pass in the motorcade,” Sherina said. “He also prayed and hoped that he would have gotten to touch Lara and receive a signed autograph, but unfortunately that day, which was so near, was still too far,” she cried. She noted also that Ramlal, ever since he was a child growing up, was fascinated with the army and often told them that he would become a soldier. “Good dreams, good aspirations, good boy — now he’s gone to a good place somewhere in the heavens,” she lamented.                    

Offline PapaSmurf

• Ancient
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://deathtofanboyishspammahs.gatt.co.tt
The CRICKET thread...
« Reply #142 on: April 21, 2004, 11:48:53 AM »
I am saddened to hear of this....
My condolences to the family on their tragic loss.                    
Zetsumyoken......the Miracle Sword descends

Offline carlsberg

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
The CRICKET thread...
« Reply #143 on: April 24, 2004, 04:47:54 PM »
DAT RAIN!!!
boy dat kill d day 2 day
i cah believe it.......it fall 4 so long....hope there's no rain 2morrow                    
JIHAD

Offline strongton

• Chunin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://
The CRICKET thread...
« Reply #144 on: April 25, 2004, 12:49:23 AM »
lets not hope that WI will have a one game winning streak alone                    

Carigamers

The CRICKET thread...
« Reply #144 on: April 25, 2004, 12:49:23 AM »

Offline carlsberg

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
The CRICKET thread...
« Reply #145 on: April 25, 2004, 02:42:35 PM »
RAIN!!!RAIN!!!andMORE RAIN!!
WHY!!!!..........today and yesterday
dat must be real blite or sumtin.....i hear d forecasts for d other islands not 2 good either                    
JIHAD

Offline Exar_Kun

• Jonin
  • Chakra 22
    • View Profile
The CRICKET thread...
« Reply #146 on: April 25, 2004, 03:33:33 PM »
Rain is good.

No money for the WICB and especially the QPCC. The Oval essentially the same way for the last 20 years, maybe more, all dat money dey make and tief instead of upgrading facilities. Let them scrunt to upgrade for the World Cup now.

steups.
You really even know what you talking about?

Oval is d same...stupid.
They've got the only electronic scoreboard in the Caribbean and plans are already set to get a new one,complete with big screen.
Look at the seating,steel chairs are gone completely from the Oval,replaced by fixed seats.
The entire former Republic Bank Youth stand was refurbished and made three stories.
The entire Carib/Guiness/Royal Bank stand was torn down to make way for the new three story stand that is now up.

And not to forget the plans to knocking down the pavillion to ove it closer to the carib stand and also to make it larger.

I'm wondering how to say this without making it sound bad but I can't:you a fool.                    

Offline carlsberg

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
The CRICKET thread...
« Reply #147 on: April 26, 2004, 06:31:12 PM »
jeezzz.....wen will dey learn
he probably aint been dere in 20 yrs dats y....
cause dey did some major upgrading up in de oval                    
JIHAD

Offline ~*Ashiee*~

• Global Moderator
  • Sannin
  • Chakra -10
    • View Profile
The CRICKET thread...
« Reply #148 on: April 26, 2004, 08:04:58 PM »
well that's how the cookie crumbles
i knew it would wash out
got tickets for both days thank god i did not bother
here are the reports

25 April 2004 23:16  

West Indies fans having fun in the Trini Posse stand.  
ODI TICKET PURCHASERS TO RECEIVE REFUNDS
by WICB

PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad  - Persons who purchased tickets for the abandoned 2nd and 3rd ODI matches at the Queen's Park Oval will receive refunds from the West Indies Cricket Board.

For the 2nd One Day International (Saturday, April 24th) there will be a 50 per cent refund while for the 3rd ODI (Sunday, April 25th) there will be a full refund. There will be no refunds for complimentary tickets.

Refunds will be issued from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. from Tuesday, April 27th to May 10th, 2004 (excluding Saturdays and Sundays) at the WICB Ticket Office at the Queen's Park Oval.

Refunds will ONLY be made payable to the persons whose names are printed on the tickets, upon presentation of a proper picture ID or passport.

Persons leaving Trinidad & Tobago can download the Refund Form (click here for refund form) fill it out and mail along with the tickets and a photocopy of their picture ID to the WICB'S office:

ATTENTION:  TICKET REFUND OFFICER
FACTORY ROAD,
ST. JOHN'S ANTIGUA WI.

Refund Forms must be postmarked by May 11th. Once forms are properly completed, refunds will be mailed to persons overseas.

Refunds for tickets purchased by companies and advertising agencies will only be made payable to those companies and/or agencies, not to individuals. Persons in possession of these types of tickets are advised to return the tickets to their companies and/or advertising agencies for all refunds to be issued.

Back To Previous Page
Click Here For More News                    

Offline QDizzle

• Kage
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
The CRICKET thread...
« Reply #149 on: April 27, 2004, 12:46:43 PM »
well that's how the cookie crumbles
i knew it would wash out
got tickets for both days thank god i did not bother
here are the reports

[

ROFL IT GOOD FUH YUH LOL SOMEHOW PAYBACK FIND YUH EVEN WHEN I NOT INVOVLED LOL                    

Offline VCW

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
The CRICKET thread...
« Reply #150 on: May 01, 2004, 08:23:08 PM »
Wheyyy they actually win a game . WOOT!                    

Offline wesleigh

• Jonin
  • Chakra -16
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wesleighadams.tripod.com
The CRICKET thread...
« Reply #151 on: May 02, 2004, 06:07:52 PM »
wi is a good team yu know dont get tie up. de scene is dat de tend to have an inferiority complex when dey playin. whenever we hadda play zimbabwe or bangladesh we go beat dem bad cause we figure we hotter than dem but when we hadda play odder teams is another story                    

Offline carlsberg

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
The CRICKET thread...
« Reply #152 on: May 02, 2004, 06:59:30 PM »

Wheyyy they actually win a game . WOOT!

we didn't jus win ONE we win TWO!!

we back in business

and we gonna win the last match TOO

never underestimate the WI                    
JIHAD

Offline MisterX

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
The CRICKET thread...
« Reply #153 on: May 03, 2004, 09:35:06 AM »
I'm a true West Indies fan. They are going to win the series
*ah kinda hoping that rain fall Wednesday and they win the ODIseries*
:kneel:                    

Offline ~*Ashiee*~

• Global Moderator
  • Sannin
  • Chakra -10
    • View Profile
The CRICKET thread...
« Reply #154 on: May 03, 2004, 11:53:09 AM »
WE WINNNNN
WE WINNNN
TWO IN A ROW IYMC
WORLD CUP 2007 HERE WE COME!!!!

*JUMPS*
*middle finger to all none believers*

Rally round MY West Indies!!!!                    

Offline SPK

• Ancient
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 16
  • You ever wonder why we're here...?
    • Glorious PC Gaming Master Race.
    • View Profile
  • CPU: AMD FX 8320
  • GPU: Sapphire Radeon 7870 2GB
  • RAM: 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1333.
  • Broadband: Flow.
  • Steam: spk1983tt
The CRICKET thread...
« Reply #155 on: May 03, 2004, 12:06:04 PM »
those wins show what happens when the squad begins to believe in the younger players more...

Hopefully the Board will see this and act upon it accordingly for the test squad as well :)

*salutes to Bravo and Rampaul and Smith, you have done really well thus far*                    
Nagamete iru dake ja, itsumademo te ni dekinai...nagamete iru dake ja, kimi no mono ni wa naranai...

ssssssSSSSSSS...That's a nice everything you got there....SSSSSSS.

Offline PapaSmurf

• Ancient
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://deathtofanboyishspammahs.gatt.co.tt
The CRICKET thread...
« Reply #156 on: May 04, 2004, 09:38:39 PM »

those wins show what happens when the squad begins to believe in the younger players more...

well said....now if they could only talk them older folks in retirement.                    
Zetsumyoken......the Miracle Sword descends

Offline carlsberg

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
The CRICKET thread...
« Reply #157 on: May 05, 2004, 05:01:05 PM »
things aren't lookin so good :(

13 for ENG to win from 27 balls

it looking as dey go win and draw d series                    
JIHAD

Offline ~*Ashiee*~

• Global Moderator
  • Sannin
  • Chakra -10
    • View Profile
The CRICKET thread...
« Reply #158 on: May 05, 2004, 06:22:44 PM »
ok series was leveled by england
they had luck on their side with wining the toss
and knew the outfield was quicken up later in the day
they played well congrats to them

but we can say west indies outplayed them in 2 matches confortably
if the rain did not wash out 3 of the odi's we would have won

congrats to threscothic who won man or match and series                    

Offline wesleigh

• Jonin
  • Chakra -16
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wesleighadams.tripod.com
The CRICKET thread...
« Reply #159 on: May 05, 2004, 11:34:32 PM »
i ve been sayin it....WI is one of d best sides in d world(at least onedayers)...just need a lil confidence                    

Carigamers

The CRICKET thread...
« Reply #159 on: May 05, 2004, 11:34:32 PM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal