Author Topic: Final Fantasy X-2 game and movie.  (Read 4693 times)

Offline scwh

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy X-2 game and movie.
« on: October 31, 2003, 05:27:01 AM »
Oh boys and girls, i just got my hands on the FFx-2 demo, and the new ffx2 14 min long movie. I have to tell you that both of them brought tears to my eyes. So much so, that i dont even know what to talk about first.
But since the movie is a prologue to the game I'll start with the movie.

Now some of you probably know that Square-Enix has released a movie for the ffx2 game, its called Eternal Calm, but you probably dont know that they only scheduled to release the flick in japan. American fans probably got wind of it and made a fuss. Any way, the story in the movie picks up 2 years after yna and tidus save spira. Wakka and lulu are expecting a child, Khimari id up on mt gagazette training the orphaned ronso tribe, where he incidently finds a sphere on which tidus is in a cage begging to be let out and appologising for using a powerfull weapon. Yuna is distrubed by this and runs off in serch of her long lost love.

You could prob get screen shots here  

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/finalfanta...creenindex.html

now the game.

OK i was a little taken aback with the new combat system, it's a little fast paced for a ff game. but when you get used to it, its loads of fun. When they all said that there'd be costume changes, i thought that it'd be for just yuna, since she was the only summoner in the prev crew. But apparently the costume changes are for all, and the change shifts the job function of the character, much like ff3, or 4, i have to go look it up again.

Now they did not give me much to work with in the demo, other than getting accustonmed to the battle style and the clothes system. but it does promise to be a great game. fast and fun, the characters are well placed together. There is a new char, Paine, she takes the place of everyone else, she is a mix of lulu and auron.
any way, i'll find some screeners for you all later. gotta split. work
laters                    
Here I am, swinging the chain, swinging the chain, swinging the chain.

Carigamers

« on: October 31, 2003, 05:27:01 AM »

Offline Ickori

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2003, 04:47:36 PM »
Yeah well all of dat soundin real dread and now I want even more if that's possible. I heard some of that already though and the scrrenshots are pretty good. Any mixture of lulu and auron must be dread                    

Never forgive the bad ones

Offline Paine

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2003, 10:27:15 PM »
Yay i thought i was the only square fan here....o__O
anyway..
so u played a demo ne? about the dress spheres,do they become painful after a while or does it have another option to wait mode?or did u not play it long enough to get irritated with the randoms? heh..^^
sorry,im just a lil curious here.. i used to get mad at how long eden took to attack in ffviii,so understand my asking.
cant wait til the 21st!!!gotta go get a copy from amazon tho...
i was waiting for square to com out with a char like paine for a loooong time... nice! im looking at her for my next cosplay item..but then that depends on if theres another anime city. aaanyway,im ranting again...                    

Offline Paine

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2003, 10:29:39 PM »
anyway..
so u played a demo ne? about the dress spheres,do they become painful after a while or does it have another option to wait mode?or did u not play it long enough to get irritated with the randoms? heh..^^
sorry,im just a lil curious here.. i used to get mad at how long eden took to attack in ffviii,so understand my asking.
i was waiting for square to com out with a char like paine for a loooong time... nice! im looking at her for my next cosplay item..but then that depends on if theres another anime city. aaanyway,im ranting again...gomenne                    

Offline Paine

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2003, 10:31:35 PM »
anyway..
i was waiting for square to com out with a char like paine for a loooong time... nice! im looking at her for my next cosplay item..but then that depends on if theres another anime city. aaanyway,im ranting again...gomenne                    

Carigamers

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2003, 10:31:35 PM »

The_Dark_Goddess

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2003, 11:13:55 PM »
mama!!
i just got the demo borrowed...not half bad at all!

i really prefer this realtime-type playing.                    

Offline scwh

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2003, 09:08:43 PM »
Wow you really were rambling on there,well there are 10 avail costume changes in the demo, and i must say, they were all breathtaking, well from a guy's perspective. if you all cpuld get your hands on opm for dec then you will be able to see all the costumes for all the job classes.
As for the cut sceenes, i played the demo about fifty times and i still haven't gotten tired of the costume changes. If you are all woried about not seeing any aeons, i got to fight Brahamut in the demo. Man i cant wait for the actual game to come out. Mind you I am still looking for the celestial weapons and their respective crests and sigils in ffx.
One tip i can offer you is that you can try to time the girls "trigger happy" attack, so that you form a "chain" at the end of a barrage of bullets, exponentially increasing the power of your attacks.
Look for the Oficial Playstation mag in December, it should be in stores now, you'll get all the info you need. It goes for bout 92 buck average.                    

The_Dark_Goddess

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2003, 12:44:46 PM »
yeah i got the PSmag borrowed (which is how i got the demo)
boy...u arent the only one who read that entire article (damn it was long) and played the demo a few dozen times just to get all thos various costume combos...and hey...from a girl's perspective "Yeah baby!"
i suppose the costume changes work as a decent replacement for the aeon summons but eh...watever.
what i really like about it is the special abilities designated to each one.
i did the trigger happy thing...i have to say with all my experimenting (limited as its only a demo) its definately one of my fav things...my poor finger was sore and stiff after all the "trigger happy" moves i did *wiggles finger*
i was really surprised and quite pleased to see bahamut in the demo, and i was practically hanging off my seat when it just ended...right...there :(
i want MORE!!!
i think they got exactly what they wanted when they designed this game, it's just plain FUN.
it moves a LOT faster than the other games, and that is what i like about it the most. (even more than the funky costumes and "Trigger Happy" attack.)
well i suppose i can say more but it will probably be me repeating myself or others, how's that for rambling?                    

Offline Paine

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2003, 09:58:47 PM »
IT'S OUT IT'S OUT IT'S OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                    

Offline scwh

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2003, 10:11:56 PM »
Yes it is, who's got it already? i gotta wait till my game supplier goes back to the states next year, febuary. So whilst i got to play the demo early, i wont know the joy till next year, you lucky bastards, and i mean that in the nicest way possible!!!                    

The_Dark_Goddess

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2003, 06:34:10 PM »
I GOT THE GAME TODAY!!!!!!!!!!
WAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My DAMN UNCLE! oop, sorry for the caps. he got it for me the same day it came out for my bday and only now give meh cuz me exams now finishing, damnit!!!

anyway, i played it for a while and i have to say its a lot of fun.
the features of this game are GREAT!!!! there is even the option to, when u start a new game, if u have had one which was previously finished, you can use your characters and items etc that u got in the finished game in the new game in order to do thing u couldnt do b4 and unlock new story lines scenes etc.

the only thing slightly annoying is that it is so...pop-culture-ish..i gues su can say. but i love the game play n stuff.
Brother is a sicko.

my uncle wuvs me :D he even got me the limited edition strat guide with art collection book thingie :D

be jealous, be very jealous :-D                    

Offline KillZone

• Chunin
  • Chakra -10
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2003, 08:23:42 PM »
that game looking sweettttttttttttttt                    

Offline Osiris

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2004, 10:01:00 PM »
that game looking sweettttttttttttttt

it was but the ending F*cked it up (both of them)                    

Offline butter_knife

• Jonin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2004, 11:58:20 AM »
i think Brother is a sick freak

if he is Cid son and Yuna is Cid Niece that mean Brother and Yuna is cousin, so why he have to hit on yuna so much?                    

Rich people aren\'t crazy, we\'re eccentric

Offline sephirothschick

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2004, 03:53:19 PM »
that game.. twas good at first, everything was good straight down to the end.. except the ending.
after playing that game and watching that ending i know now how it is that someone can pick up a hammer and smash the hell outa a game.
i hate it now... i reflect on the game and i seeothing but utter crap... i say.. ffx and ffx2 must be the rejects of my ff collection.
almost as bad as kingdom hearts <grumble grumble>
not only that.. it was too short and easy!                    

Offline Heady

• Jonin
  • Chakra 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2004, 04:11:17 PM »
Squaresoft Fan all the way, never finished i ff before though, because my brother has the tendancy of saving over meh game,
but dis game look hot, aand d girls look hot too, but the game kinda comes off as a chick game, but i would surely play it                    

Offline butter_knife

• Jonin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2004, 11:53:27 AM »
i still trying to get 100% i beat the game once bt i hafta agree, it was real damn short apart from all the mini games and the story line wasn't  as gripping as it's prequal

oh well....

i hope FFXII will be better

CONNECTION BETWEEN FF:TA AND FFXII

You know when Ritz says that she is playing a Final FAntasy game? It's FFXII and the Ivalice in FFTA is probrably the same in FFXII, whcih also includeds Bangaas Vieras etc...but i only found this out through the new PSM magazine

i played the new Siphon Filter Demo too, but you don't play as Logan in the demo and since i wasn't too much of a SF player i dont know much of the story line either                    

Rich people aren\'t crazy, we\'re eccentric

Offline Osiris

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2004, 08:08:13 PM »
umm well yeh butterz is a known fact that u doh play as gabe logan in SF:Omega Strain

u play as ur own custom character                    

Carigamers

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2004, 08:08:13 PM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal