Author Topic: Movie: The Grudge  (Read 5057 times)

Offline AngryBastard

• Chunin
  • Chakra 1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://
Movie: The Grudge
« on: October 20, 2004, 07:59:31 PM »
This movie looks vaguely familiar...
I wanna know wha u ppl think bout' it and how it looking..
looks a lil bit like the ring.. and the only interesting thing i saw in the preview is a lil blue boy saying "meow"
 :huh:                      

Look AT the Avatar.. Know why He\'s Waving...
Cuz i Say bye bye..

Carigamers

« on: October 20, 2004, 07:59:31 PM »

Offline Lucifiel

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2004, 12:33:58 AM »
Well, it is the english version of a Japanese movie, so is The Ring.  
So the familiarity is there...it also reminds me of the Exorcist with the girl walking on all fours down the stairs....

It should be an okay movie although the Jap version was said to have not been all that good.                    

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 3770
  • GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070
  • RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR3 2166MHz
  • Broadband: FLOW
  • Steam: W1nTry
  • XBL: W1nTry
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2004, 12:42:39 AM »
This movie seems to pull from both the ring and exorcist in a kinda free for all lets take as much scary pointers from other movies as possible. I've seen the original Japanese versions of:
Ring 0
The Ring
Ring 2
 (Yup there were 3 in all) I doh know about the Japanese version of the grudge though....                    

Offline hardknocks

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2004, 01:14:39 PM »
the ring sucked so im hoping the grudge is not anything like it                    

Offline Crixx_Creww

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra -12
  • ANBU OF THE HIDDEN VILLAGE FOAK
    • Atari 2600.
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
    • www.crixxcrew.com
  • CPU: Intel Q6600 @3.2 Ghz
  • GPU: Nvidia Xfx geforce 9800GTX+
  • RAM: 8 Gigs Mixed kingston and corsair ddr2
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2004, 03:11:34 PM »
its funny

ive heard that the jap version is better
in part cause sarah michelle cant act

and because there is absolutely no difference in the two movies except the addition of stuffy.

iam gonna watch de english version though cause i dont feel like reading subtitles for this one.

Carigamers

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2004, 03:11:34 PM »

Offline Bourbon_Ghost

• Jonin
  • Chakra -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2004, 02:36:30 PM »
i agree with crixx no mc subtitles i dtill don't like to watch horrors in the night i doh business what alyuh say!                      
\"ONLY THOSE WHO ARE WORTHY ARE CALLED UPON\"

BOURBON 4 LIFE

*LOOB MASTER* (1-800-LOOB)

Offline DeadEyes

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2004, 04:16:52 PM »
lmao @ ghost....but seriously i heard this show is a waste of money                    

Offline camrE

• Village Idiot
  • Jonin
  • Chakra 2
    • PS3, Wii, Xbox 360, PSP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2004, 04:22:39 PM »
yes, this is the North American version of the Japanese horrow film Ju On: The Grudge. The similarities with Ringa (the Ring) start with the main Villain character's cosmetic look and stops there.

I went into this movie with high expectations, and I left the movies feeling jibbed.

POTENTIAL SPOILER AHEAD !!!!!!!!!

The movie is nothing more than a cheap-thrill-a-minute flick. It left little to the imagination, but the supposed to be seen parts unseen.

Like what does the ghost actually do to you?

does she collect bodies in her attic?

Does she have a portal in that woman's bed? and where did the woman go?

The detective knew the house was messed up big time, why did he still allow himself to be caught so stupidly?

I personally think the really scary moment is when Sarah Michelle Gellar found the Japanese chick in all the dude's photos. Can anyone say STALKER???????                    

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2004, 08:19:18 AM »
Ok i've seen it now and I think its an EXCELLENT movie to carry a female to, I am a bit old to jump and be scared but to a girl they'll damn near jump over the pew and land in ur lap (j/k) It is a cheap thrill movie as camRE said but its alot better than the ring I think, and i've seen both the Japanese and english versions of that.

I think the movie excels at using disturbing imagery and is fast pace unlike the ring. I don't think its necessary to see what she did to ppl fact is THEY DIED so who really cares. I would say go see it, its definitely worth a watch.

On a diff note doh let anyone young (below 12) or anyone with a week stomach see it, they'll either have nightmares or hit u constantly during the movie. Its the closest thing to a horror i've  actually seen in my life.                    

Offline QDizzle

• Kage
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2004, 11:07:03 AM »
I glad i dint pay to see it that movie belongs in the toilet along with baego skills in game :)  yuh know yuh is mih boy baego jk                      

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
  • The prodigal gunslinger returns.
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
  • PSN: RyRodrigo
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2004, 09:09:46 PM »

ive heard that the jap version is better
in part cause sarah michelle cant act and is an utter b!tch, to boot.
Fixed.
I haven't seen the movie yet, mind you, but I hear from several people that it's serious garbage. Sarah's presence only cements that fact in my mind. Do us all a favour, Sarah. Stick to vampire hunting. PLEASE.                    

Offline PsiVal

• Global Moderator
  • Jonin
  • Chakra -1
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2004, 11:41:27 AM »
Lol i saw a pirated version of the movie see man getting up and walking across the camera(funny sh!t)...it had is disturbing parts but i fine it was utter balls, there are no vampires in japan ppl so what the hell she was doing there, i have nothing against her just really stick to vampires & being slutty like in cruel intentions...

P.S.- W1nTry you havent seen much horrors in your life have you...hmmm :lol:                      
dEaTh Iz Easy LiFe Iz HaRd

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2004, 02:37:30 PM »
Well to be honest I don't think there are any real horrors save and except books or reality. I am reffering to movies rated as horrors btw. If you want true horror, just switch on the news and watch ppl dying all over the world. I am sure they thought they were in horror before they died. There is nothing scarier than the truth!  Things that are real that u cannot explain or things that u can explain but the sheer fear it generates is far above anything u read about or see on tv. Real exorcisms (which i've been too close for my own comfort to) and real events like earthquakes. Believe me nothing 'shakes' (pardon my pun) fear into you like knowing there are hundreds of tonnes of steel and metal above ur head shaking like a leaf in a storm. I may not have seen many 'horror' movies but then i've seen enough things otherwise in my life not be scared or remotely startled by what I see on a screen.

On a lighter note I wouldn't mind watching some good 'scare' flicks, do suggest some and where I can borrow them from.                    

Offline PsiVal

• Global Moderator
  • Jonin
  • Chakra -1
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2004, 10:17:03 AM »
ok on harsh feeling i am a horror fan but your right that nothing else really scares the (bleep) out of you like reality(life)...

Exorcist(only horror that scares me still)- which you most likely have seen but its the closest thing to a reality like horror as in events that happened.

Most so called horrors consist of basically some punk ass who wont die is aready dead or back for revenge,examples in order - chucky, jason & freddy...3 bad b!tches who just dont know how to roll over & play dead...

Most horrors are actually boring to me its kinda just funny to me(except when ppl are grossly dismembered) cause its to predictable & just to watch ppl jump...Will be back with a list later, right now i have to go back to work...  

dEaTh Iz Easy LiFe Iz HaRd

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2004, 02:46:34 PM »
Seen man Psival, I have seen exorcist (directors cut) actually thats the first one I saw, pretty interesting but didn't scare me at all really.. and that was more or less alone in my apt. I also saw recently exorcist the beginnings that was a cool movie... also not scary.... but I can appreciate what u saying bout the closest to real. The real reason I said that grudge was close to scary was becuase of the disturbing imagery... like the jawless girl and the girl crawling over the boyfriend she definitely looked freakiest then... and that part with the reflection in the bus. I just think that it was well put together the scenes that is. Its a crap movie doh get meh wrong, but after the way them gyul SCREAM in movietown I have to say I like a movie yuh could carry a girl to and watch her scream, hide and damn well jump in yuh lap... lol                    

Offline PyroSlasher

• Chunin
  • Chakra 0
  • If you trust you will be betrayed
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2004, 02:15:28 PM »
This horror is actually worth seeing.It really was good.Unlike the traditional killer who everyone gets annoyed of...it was a welcomed change.                    

Offline Pyromaniac07

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xanga.com/gothic_chick07
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2005, 07:42:31 PM »
personally..that movie sucked...
I mean really..you gona expect a boy saying "meow" to be scary.....or a girl having a bad hair day to be scary?...

I mean...I found it funny...after all..didn't the boy eat the cat or something in order to make the noise...heh...that's technically telling me the little boy ate the pussy.......cat [wink]                    

Offline TinyGrasshopper

• Chunin
  • Chakra -5
    • Wii, PS3
    • View Profile
    • Subway Chronicles
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 1.86GHz
  • GPU: 9500 GT
  • RAM: 8GB
  • PSN: chrisyeem
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2005, 06:35:59 PM »
I agree with w1ntry here. It's a typical boring film but i like the fact that the imagery was different. Apart from the detective visiting the house, noone seemed horribly dumb. It certainly wasn't as good as the ring imho.                    
"Protect your digital freedom and privacy, eliminate DRM, learn more at "
Scroll buttons and the bad be together at last. How you ever learn to scrigee-scroll so fast?

Offline xboxfreak

• Academy Student
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2005, 12:22:20 PM »
movie wasn't all that ...but it's good that i saw it..added some horrific images to my creative mind...hehe                    

Carigamers

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2005, 12:22:20 PM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal