Author Topic: Is E.A. PC Games worthwhile?  (Read 5851 times)

Offline coledraft

• Chunin
  • Chakra 1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Is E.A. PC Games worthwhile?
« on: June 10, 2004, 11:12:37 AM »
Ok many of us know who EA (i.e. Electronic Arts) is and are familar with some of their game products like Generals, NFS, and the soon LOTR: the battle for middle earth. Even though these game have terrific gameplay and visuals many of them fall short due to lack of support (such as patches) from EA. One of these games in particular is Command and Conquer Generals zero hour. It requires a variety of fixes some of which include unit characteristics and map bugs. I am not saying that EA does not provide any support for their games, its just that certain games get less support. So when you decide to put out that $$ for NFS underground 2 or that LOTR: the battle for middle earth just be aware that there may be the possibility that the game may get little support from EA.                    
Righteousness can only be acheived by one who has good intentions and a non-biased perspective...hence the only alignment for a true paladin is neutral good and not lawful good.

Carigamers

« on: June 10, 2004, 11:12:37 AM »

Offline Kayode

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2004, 11:23:18 AM »
Other than Zero Hour, what EA Games don't get support?                    

Offline Bsensei

• Academy Student
  • Chakra 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2004, 11:43:25 AM »
exactly yoyu mentioned one game and said most EA games don't get support. You cannot call one games series and say most of the games y the creator don't get support. Buty I generally like the gameplay of EA. They're cool to me sinc i  love spo0rt games and EA have alot of the best sports titles.                    
Acer X223Wbd 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Dual-Core Processor, 3.0 GHz, 6M L2 Cache, 1333MHz FSB
XFX PVT98FYDF9 GeForce 9800GTX 512MB DDR3
2x Western Digital WD5000AAKS 500GB Caviar Sata 7200
OCZ 6GB 800MHZ DDR2 PC2-6400
PC Power and Cooling S75QB Silencer 750W

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • :ps3::wii::xbox360:
  • Referrals: 35
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carigamers.com
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
  • GPU: Geforce GTX 680 2GB
  • RAM: 16GB
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • MBL: Nexus 5x
  • PSN: TriniXaeno
  • XBL: TriniXaeno
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2004, 12:03:05 PM »
EA ain't that bad really.

I wouldn't single them out of the industry.                    

Offline beek0p

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E4400
  • GPU: XFX Geforce 8600 GT XXX
  • RAM: Corsair 2gb DDR 2 xms2
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2004, 01:22:43 PM »
Need For Speed has been going downhill lately. I got bored with Underground within 2 weeks of playing it despite the new car customizing and the new shit like drift and drag(and those modes didn't interest me for long). Its just missing many features that made past NFS games great and made you want to play them more.  NFS:HighStakes and NFS3:Hot Pursuit were the pinnacle of the series IMO the PC versions in particular.  If you didn't play those games you won't understand.                    
-Interested in significantly improving your financial situation so you can live a significantly better life with little effort doing so?

-Send me a pm if you're interested.

Carigamers

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2004, 01:22:43 PM »

Offline Crixx_Creww

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra -12
  • ANBU OF THE HIDDEN VILLAGE FOAK
    • Atari 2600.
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
    • www.crixxcrew.com
  • CPU: Intel Q6600 @3.2 Ghz
  • GPU: Nvidia Xfx geforce 9800GTX+
  • RAM: 8 Gigs Mixed kingston and corsair ddr2
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2004, 01:34:17 PM »
horse dis man talkin real mess

yu hadda be from de east or something to bad talk E.A                    

Offline snake_eater

• Chunin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dcxtreme.itrini.com
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2004, 03:16:36 PM »
ea has some of the best games underground for one                    

Offline coledraft

• Chunin
  • Chakra 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2004, 07:21:14 PM »
I am simply stating what I have observed from experience...I am just simply notifying the readers of this thread that there may be a possibility that some of the games soon to be released by EA for PC may not get the necessary support (such as frequent patches) that may be required.

btw...when I said support I did not reffer to technical support only software support                    
Righteousness can only be acheived by one who has good intentions and a non-biased perspective...hence the only alignment for a true paladin is neutral good and not lawful good.

Offline coledraft

• Chunin
  • Chakra 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2004, 07:29:57 PM »
Oh and EA do provide patches for their PC game products it just that some of them don't get them frequent enough and that becomes very discouraging to many...So please all I am saying is just be aware of the risk involved.                    

Offline Xen_spartan-117

• Chunin
  • Chakra -1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.EXTREME.com
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2004, 08:05:32 PM »
why are you people insulting E.A?
every single sports game they've done has been GODLY as well as there fps's and 3rdps                    
on the battlefield,you must learn in the battles that ended in victory or defeat...you must think about if those lives were either spent for a good cause or or wasted

Offline Kayode

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2004, 08:32:09 PM »
Oh and EA do provide patches for their PC game products it just that some of them don't get them frequent enough

Some of them like which exactly?

And how does this make EA different from most other developers?                    

Offline Defcon10

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2004, 06:52:32 AM »
Electronic Arts produces some of the best games today, their games have fewer bugs than most of the other developers.                    

Offline Rampage

• Kage
  • Chakra 5
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gatt.co.tt
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2004, 10:08:55 AM »
Electronic Arts produces some of the best games today, their games have fewer bugs than most of the other developers.

you talking real shit. REALLLLLLLLLLLL shit                    

Offline Rampage

• Kage
  • Chakra 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2004, 10:10:49 AM »
Need For Speed has been going downhill lately. I got bored with Underground within 2 weeks of playing it despite the new car customizing and the new shit like drift and drag(and those modes didn't interest me for long). Its just missing many features that made past NFS games great and made you want to play them more.  NFS:HighStakes and NFS3:Hot Pursuit were the pinnacle of the series IMO the PC versions in particular.  If you didn't play those games you won't understand.

you are 100% right my brother!!!
i been preaching this for a while, nfsu is missing tons of stuff.what make it sad is that nfsu2 gonna be the same shit. just more customizations etc. they moving away from the actual need for speed feel, what it used to be. :(                    

Offline Rampage

• Kage
  • Chakra 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2004, 10:13:39 AM »
why are you people insulting E.A?
every single sports game they've done has been GODLY as well as there fps's and 3rdps

you are talking utter and complete mega bull shit. i can't put into words how much shit you talking there. that shit you say is from another world oui. fifa games have been going downhill since fifa 2002. everyone hates the fifas after! pro evolution soccer, winning eleven...all better. their madden games sux big time too! p.s i'm only bad talking their sports games :)                    

Offline Rampage

• Kage
  • Chakra 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2004, 10:19:40 AM »
Ok many of us know who EA (i.e. Electronic Arts) is and are familar with some of their game products like Generals, NFS, and the soon LOTR: the battle for middle earth. Even though these game have terrific gameplay and visuals many of them fall short due to lack of support (such as patches) from EA. One of these games in particular is Command and Conquer Generals zero hour. It requires a variety of fixes some of which include unit characteristics and map bugs. I am not saying that EA does not provide any support for their games, its just that certain games get less support. So when you decide to put out that $$ for NFS underground 2 or that LOTR: the battle for middle earth just be aware that there may be the possibility that the game may get little support from EA.

you are very right. EA brings out many games and give little support. i does be browsing their game forums an thing, no support is given whatsoever! in terms of patches an thing they hardly bring out any, and is not that their games are perfect! they aint perfect at all. easports games especially offer 0 support. people does hadda go to big fan sites just to get support for the game. try browsing nfsu forums, or any of ea games forums. people carry back their games an all kinda thing because of lack of support. i playing ea games since fifa 96, that time i was like 9. so i talking from experience ;)

and to those who wanna defend them , try getting support from them, then when you aint get any, stfu!                    

Offline TaC_uP

• Chunin
  • Chakra 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2004, 12:19:15 PM »
other than all this support tou guys talk about.........NO one can tell me they have never played and enjoyed at least 3 of E.As games...especially if you visit Euro often..cuz battlefield veitnam and C&C generals are down dere....so all in all no cannot critize E.A cuz they make great games even without the support......so because there is no support for the games you would stop playin or buyin dem....                    

Offline coledraft

• Chunin
  • Chakra 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2004, 12:29:14 PM »
other than all this support tou guys talk about.........NO one can tell me they have never played and enjoyed at least 3 of E.As games...especially if you visit Euro often..cuz battlefield veitnam and C&C generals are down dere....so all in all no cannot critize E.A cuz they make great games even without the support......so because there is no support for the games you would stop playin or buyin dem....

Well I am not saying that EA does not produce good games...its just that the lack of support may become very discouraging to many especially those who play online.                    

Offline coledraft

• Chunin
  • Chakra 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2004, 12:48:16 PM »
Oh and EA do provide patches for their PC game products it just that some of them don't get them frequent enough

Some of them like which exactly?

And how does this make EA different from most other developers?

First of all EA do not update their patches frequent enough, especially for their games that support online and LAN multiplayer gameplay. So what I have observed from EA over a particular period is that they are publishing games left, right and centre and not providing adequate support for them.
Well EA as far as patches go they are below average (approximately 6 months min. till the next patch) with respect to publishers like Bioware and to some extent Black Isle and Activision.
Well EA do provide patches for their games but the fault lies with the frequency of updated software material (patches).                    

Offline Rampage

• Kage
  • Chakra 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2004, 03:48:22 PM »

god some people does just cant comprehend eh. we talking about support not if they games good or not, jeeze boy.                    

Carigamers

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2004, 03:48:22 PM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal