Author Topic: The weapon of the future  (Read 10306 times)

Offline Angelus

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://
The weapon of the future
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2004, 09:01:48 PM »
have u all ever herad of the barret rifle....special fores issue                    

Carigamers

The weapon of the future
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2004, 09:01:48 PM »

Offline Rommel

• Kage
  • Chakra -1
    • View Profile
The weapon of the future
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2004, 03:36:36 AM »
technically it is still new as this would be the first time of it being in use

and the OICW could be confused with the L85A4/SA 80, the G36 series, and several new assault rifles out of europe, asia and south africa

but especially the british L85 as it has a similar angular apperance and a good bit of the footage is of British troops
(the L85 is their standard weapon)
also I pretty much doubt that the US would allow news footage of US Special Operators with their brand new toys in the field

while the weapon itself is not classified, withholding the date of its becoming operational with spec ops is a simple way of denying potential enemies intel on current strength of US infantry and spec ops

terrorist would probably never get that weapon as they still mostly use AK-47's which, for those that don't know were made between 1947 to 1974, which is about when the AK-74 came out with improvements to the original

compared to the old AK-47's terrorist use, the american M16 &M4, british L85/SA80 and german G36, the terrorist are outclassed in the area of assault rifles

and since they don't have those, kinda hard to think that they will get OCIW's (especially since russia flooded the WORLD arms market with AK-47's so those rifles are literally dirt cheap to large scale arms dealers and buyers)

the Barret M82 semi automatic 50 calibur sniper anti-personel and anti-equipment rifle
uses the same round as the M2 browning 50 cal heavy machine gun, and has a ten round magazine
range up to 1800 meters (Marine M40 has a range of about 900 meters for those who follow but need comparison)

created for use by the afganistan Mujhadeen snipers for an armor penetrating sniper rifle, it was adopted for use by the american special forces AND Marine Corps Snipers

if you mean that barret, then yeah I think I heard of it

btw there is almost no way that Trinidad will have any OICW's in the near future unless and until it gets outdated
right now standard issue is the Israel made Galile 7.62mm (my spelling is probably off with the name)
so we don't even have the modern composite rifles much less anything that new

oh and "one more thing"
just a bit of information on secial forces

Special Forces is the offical name of the US Army Special Forces, i.e. the green berets
the gun is also issued to other groups in JSOC (Operational Detachment Delta and the US Navy S.E.A.L.'s) but these are not "special forces", they are special operators of the Joint Special Operations Command

(yeah I am being a pain but the distinction is real)                    
~~Plague~~
                          ~~Bubba~~
~~HQ United~~
                          ~~L2 Outsiders~~
~~Team Z~~

the legacy continues....

Offline CRaZyAnGeL

• Kage
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
The weapon of the future
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2004, 11:12:39 AM »
/me has one under his bed rite now
/me is nut a member of the special forces

bad a$$ gun yea..in a few games too
/me go see bob mash up dis thread lol                    

Offline MASTER_RAGE3

• Chunin
  • Chakra -3
    • View Profile
The weapon of the future
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2004, 12:43:57 PM »
FUR REAL THTA PIECE REAL BADD                    
Mastering Every Aspect Of Gaming.

Offline Crixx_Creww

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra -12
  • ANBU OF THE HIDDEN VILLAGE FOAK
    • Atari 2600.
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
    • www.crixxcrew.com
  • CPU: Intel Q6600 @3.2 Ghz
  • GPU: Nvidia Xfx geforce 9800GTX+
  • RAM: 8 Gigs Mixed kingston and corsair ddr2
The weapon of the future
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2004, 12:52:30 PM »
bob is right, the rangers have been testing it for a while now (of course, crazy bastards!)

and its now been deployed
stickinggun around corners while a camera is attached to the scope, so yu dont expose yur self, camera is attached to yu hud.

very sweet                    

Carigamers

The weapon of the future
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2004, 12:52:30 PM »

Offline Bob

• Jonin
  • Chakra 5
    • View Profile
The weapon of the future
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2004, 11:37:11 PM »
technically it is still new as this would be the first time of it being in use

and the OICW could be confused with the L85A4/SA 80, the G36 series, and several new assault rifles out of europe, asia and south africa

but especially the british L85 as it has a similar angular apperance and a good bit of the footage is of British troops
(the L85 is their standard weapon)
also I pretty much doubt that the US would allow news footage of US Special Operators with their brand new toys in the field

while the weapon itself is not classified, withholding the date of its becoming operational with spec ops is a simple way of denying potential enemies intel on current strength of US infantry and spec ops

terrorist would probably never get that weapon as they still mostly use AK-47's which, for those that don't know were made between 1947 to 1974, which is about when the AK-74 came out with improvements to the original

compared to the old AK-47's terrorist use, the american M16 &M4, british L85/SA80 and german G36, the terrorist are outclassed in the area of assault rifles

and since they don't have those, kinda hard to think that they will get OCIW's (especially since russia flooded the WORLD arms market with AK-47's so those rifles are literally dirt cheap to large scale arms dealers and buyers)

the Barret M82 semi automatic 50 calibur sniper anti-personel and anti-equipment rifle
uses the same round as the M2 browning 50 cal heavy machine gun, and has a ten round magazine
range up to 1800 meters (Marine M40 has a range of about 900 meters for those who follow but need comparison)

created for use by the afganistan Mujhadeen snipers for an armor penetrating sniper rifle, it was adopted for use by the american special forces AND Marine Corps Snipers

if you mean that barret, then yeah I think I heard of it

btw there is almost no way that Trinidad will have any OICW's in the near future unless and until it gets outdated
right now standard issue is the Israel made Galile 7.62mm (my spelling is probably off with the name)
so we don't even have the modern composite rifles much less anything that new

oh and "one more thing"
just a bit of information on secial forces

Special Forces is the offical name of the US Army Special Forces, i.e. the green berets
the gun is also issued to other groups in JSOC (Operational Detachment Delta and the US Navy S.E.A.L.'s) but these are not "special forces", they are special operators of the Joint Special Operations Command

(yeah I am being a pain but the distinction is real)

U see dis

I like dis man already a fellow gun nut.  :D                    

http://www.realultimatepower.net/
the world needs snake... only the US needs fisher...

Offline richjob

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
The weapon of the future
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2004, 06:54:03 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but terrorists will use something cheap, easy to get ammo for, proven design and rugged as anything.

Able to take a beating, a dunking and poor maintenance in all conditions.

Y'all seem to be forgetting the ubiquity of the old, yet effective AK-47.                    
----------------------------
There used to be a URL here.

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • :ps3::wii::xbox360:
  • Referrals: 35
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carigamers.com
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
  • GPU: Geforce GTX 680 2GB
  • RAM: 16GB
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • MBL: Nexus 5x
  • PSN: TriniXaeno
  • XBL: TriniXaeno
The weapon of the future
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2004, 08:54:27 PM »
way @ rommel

man drop an encyclopedia load of into on alyuh mc.                    

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
  • The prodigal gunslinger returns.
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
  • PSN: RyRodrigo
The weapon of the future
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2004, 09:19:03 PM »
Feh.
I say, just toss a really HARD block of head cheese at an enemy soldier, and it'd be just as effective.

Can you say...OWNED?

FIRE IN THE HOLE!!

[starts tossing blocks of cheese at random people]                    

Offline Rommel

• Kage
  • Chakra -1
    • View Profile
The weapon of the future
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2004, 11:50:01 AM »

bob is right, the rangers have been testing it for a while now (of course, crazy bastards!)

technically rangers don't test, and they are not strictly special operators
they are just the worlds best regiment of infantry, but they are foot infantry (airborne/air assault capable) and therefore "Light" infantry (the best infantry in the world is the Nepalese Gurkhas, a tribe of hill people from asia, trained by the british army, and are feared by everybody, even american troops, literally. I guess that is why Dest is such a killer)

OCIW is being tested in a "lab" by army testers
Rangers would probably get it alongside the 82nd airborne

Land Warrior is far from being battle deployed and OCIW isn't needed for land warrior, as I said the M4 was the flagship gun for land warrior's development
right now with current technology, it is undeployable due to logistics and size of the modules ( it is a more serious limitation than you may think, any true trini would know that an army "wins a war on its stomach")

note for all who had the patience to read my last

I said AK-47 too
glad to see a man with sense

but I am not just a gun nut

I am an everything nut

tanks, planes, guns, bombs, missles, submarines, etc.

why you think I could play fps?

because I know the tools of my tradecraft                    
~~Plague~~
                          ~~Bubba~~
~~HQ United~~
                          ~~L2 Outsiders~~
~~Team Z~~

the legacy continues....

Offline PapaSmurf

• Ancient
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://deathtofanboyishspammahs.gatt.co.tt
The weapon of the future
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2004, 06:34:42 PM »

so nobody can ever say an SOF player is illiterate now.

Uhm....nobody says SOF ppl are illiterate. Infact some of the ppl who play SOF are among this country's most educated youngsters. Remember: we make the games they don't make us......You play SOF, it doesn't play you. So you shouldn't judge a man's education by the games he plays.

But that's not the topic, Weapons of the Future is.

My question to you all is how close is technology to replacing lead bullets with a more effctive and less costly form of ammunition? I have heard talk of fractioning a plastic which is harder than some grades of steel and alot cheaper to obtain.....any thoughts on that?                    
Zetsumyoken......the Miracle Sword descends

Offline Master-Baker

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
The weapon of the future
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2004, 09:15:42 PM »
Its getting there dont worry

http://aec.army.mil/usaec/technology/range...gexxi00a01.html                    

Hows that for kungfu fighting u chicken sh!t!!!

Offline carlsberg

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
The weapon of the future
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2004, 09:31:07 PM »

My question to you all is how close is technology to replacing lead bullets with a more effctive and less costly form of ammunition? I have heard talk of fractioning a plastic which is harder than some grades of steel and alot cheaper to obtain.....any thoughts on that?

dat wud make it lot easier won't it?

dat way criminals wud be able to buy more bullets for less money                    
JIHAD

Offline carlsberg

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
The weapon of the future
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2004, 09:38:40 PM »
you want d answer to stop crime?

ALL BULLETS SHUD COST $1000

dat way if someone wants to kill you(and dey from d ghetto or from anywhere really) the gonna hav 2 get a wok

save sum money for bout a 6mths...den they gonna shoot yuh.....den after dat dey gonna take dey bullet back from inside u

u wudda hav 2 do sumtin real bad 2 piss dem off like dat                    
JIHAD

Offline rb2k2

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
The weapon of the future
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2004, 09:59:02 PM »
what  about those sharks with fricking lazer beams?                    

Offline Bob

• Jonin
  • Chakra 5
    • View Profile
The weapon of the future
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2004, 09:59:35 PM »
Anyway onto a new topic

What do you all think about the FN P90

If youve played Raven shield and far cry you will no doubt remember this weapon. I've also seen in the Stargate series a fav of the SG 1 team.

Personally I like the fire power this thing packs I find it more reliable than a MP5 in close quarter combat.

Caliber: 5.7x28mm SS190
Weight: 2.54 kg empty; 3 kg loaded with magazine with 50 rounds
Lenght: 500 mm
Barrel lenght: 263 mm
Rate of fire: 900 rounds per minute
Magazine capacity: 50 rounds
Effective range: 200 meters

The FN P90 submachine gun (SMG) was developed in the late 1980s as a defensive weapon for the troops whose primary activities does not include small arms - vehicle and tank crew members, artillery crews etc. Standart pistols and SMGs chambered for pistol rounds were proved ineffective against enemy soldiers, wearing armour (bulletproof) vests, so FN Herstal developed a new round with enhanced penetration - the SS190. This round looks like scaled downt 5.56mm NATO round and forces the pointed, steel core bullet to the 600-700 meters per second at the muzzle, thus being capable to defeat standart CRISAT helmets and armour vests at reasonable distances (50-100 meters).

The P90 is a blowback operated, selective fire weapon. It is fed from 50-rounds box magazines, made from transluscent polymer. The magazine is being located above the barrel, with the cartridges being aligned at 90 degrees to the barrel axis. Each magazine has built-in ramp that rotates cartridge to align it with the barrel prior to chambering it.

The P90 controls are completely ambidextrous, with charging handles located at the both sides of the weapon, and the safety/fire mode selector is located below the trigger. The P90 also features downward ejection of the spent cases. P90 is built in bull-pup configuration, with polymer stock, and features built-in reflex collimator sight with 1X magnification and reticle automaticaly ajustable to the light level, as well as a set of the backup open sights. P90 may be equipped with special silencer, that should be used with special, sub-sonic variant of the 5.7x28mm cartridge.

P90 may be referred as a forerunner of the PDW (Personal Defence Weapon) concept, that arose in last 4 or 5 years.

P90 is used by Saudi Arabia, Peruan Special Forces and some special units of Thailand army, and offered for export by FN.

[/url]                    

Offline Rommel

• Kage
  • Chakra -1
    • View Profile
The weapon of the future
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2004, 03:02:33 PM »
in RS the P90 is not as all round as the mp5 (could be unrealistic balancing) but this could be due to the mp5 's better stability/recovery due to lighter ammunition (ie pistol caliber) and slower rate of fire (note the 100 round magazine drum would give the mp5 more stability in the game at the cost of recovery due to more weight, which is an option the p90 does not have )

of course RS ( not athena sword) is/was far from perfect,

but overall I like both, the Mp5 is a lighter weapon, more compact but the P90 is more modern and the sleek 50 round horizontal mag is boss

haven't really heard much of this, the only thing is that a more solid bullet material might not replace lead as part of what makes some bullets deadly is the way it fragments upon penetration of the human body (especially hollow point rounds)

however militaries are banned from using such "soft" ammunition by the geneva convention, which everybody follow with regards to that as the major gun manufacturers of military rifles are major international powers who cannot afford to go against the convention in such a way so the military may switch as such a bullet may be lighter (a plus since the weight limits how much ammo can be carried, a combat trooper carries more ammo than what you see in a game) and have better penetration making it more effective against personel and even equipment

however I will not be surprised if bullets become a hing of the past within the next decade or two

a recent project for Anti Ballistic Missle Defense calls for the use of a high power laser to destroy the warhead (such concepts were being worked upon before generals even came out)
since an explosive warhead or a missle doesn't need much to shoot it down, a laser doesn't need to be "that" powerful to destroy a ballistic nuclear missle or a conventional cruise missle/antiship missle, but it is more efficent than using another missle or a gun to try to do the same (a laser is more accurate, faster and has theoretically unlimited ammunition and longer effective range than any gun or missle system)
such would first be used to replace CWIS but be used on a wider scale from everything to ship and ground unit defense to theater defense
next would be the anti air capability (followed close by the anti persnel capability) as the increase in power would not be that much more greater, but infantry scaled weapons might take time to develop

last would be anti tank/artillery weapons

since this has been theoretical in the 1980's and commercial uses of lasers are more widespread now (medical and INDUSTRIAL)

this might not be so far away................                    
~~Plague~~
                          ~~Bubba~~
~~HQ United~~
                          ~~L2 Outsiders~~
~~Team Z~~

the legacy continues....

Offline TrinireturnofGamez

• AdvancedTactics
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 4
    • View Profile
The weapon of the future
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2004, 03:55:30 PM »
the AK-47 kills more people each year than any other weapon...

its cheap, reliable, innacurrate, yellow, the perfect thing for a terrorist  :P

i doubt anything will replace lead.... lead is heavy.. cheap.. toxic.. everything you want in a bullet... for something to replace it that thing must be:
almost as heavy or heavier
as cheap or cheaper
as hard to pronnounce for the chinese..

the mp5 is the preferred weapon for counter terrorists around the world.. accurate, small, light, barrel long so you can beat somebody's brains out with it..

but still ,up to this day , nothing can beat a good shotgun for close range... .. if all those conventions and stuff didn't ban buckshot everyone would be using it...                    
http://freetrinipoetry.blogspot.com/

Core 2 duo E6600
Asus mobo
Radeon HD 4770
2 gigs DDR2 667 + 2 gigs DDR 800 OCZ

Offline pandemonium

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
The weapon of the future
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2004, 11:54:01 PM »
holy moly thats one hot piece of metal                    

Offline Bob

• Jonin
  • Chakra 5
    • View Profile
The weapon of the future
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2004, 08:00:19 AM »
the AK-47 kills more people each year than any other weapon...

its cheap, reliable, innacurrate, yellow, the perfect thing for a terrorist  :P

i doubt anything will replace lead.... lead is heavy.. cheap.. toxic.. everything you want in a bullet... for something to replace it that thing must be:  
almost as heavy or heavier
as cheap or cheaper  
as hard to pronnounce for the chinese..  

the mp5 is the preferred weapon for counter terrorists around the world.. accurate, small, light, barrel long so you can beat somebody's brains out with it..

but still ,up to this day , nothing can beat a good shotgun for close range... .. if all those conventions and stuff didn't ban buckshot everyone would be using it...

Dude where have you been submachine guns pistols and assault rifles excel at close range! Entry teams only use shotguns to breach doors due to their slow rate of fire . Only rednecks and some law enforcement still employ shotguns to take down people with the exception of the USA12.                    

Carigamers

The weapon of the future
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2004, 08:00:19 AM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal