Author Topic: Assassins Creed  (Read 10568 times)

Offline shivadee

• Honorary Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 13
  • Finally......almost! :)
    • XBOXONE, PS4,Switch, N3DS
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
  • BattleNet ID: shivad33#1573
  • Origin ID: shivadee
  • PSN: finab00st
  • Steam: &Shiva
  • XBL: x3xyz
Re: Assassins Creed
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2007, 09:18:06 PM »
na
I have been using gamespot for about 6+ years now. They couldnt give f*ckall about what people say or think, they dont submit to hype and they DEAD friggin serious bout their review with ALOT of content to back it up. very VERY VERY few times have I found them wrong from a personal standpoint.

The times I have been to E3 these people have a booth the size of a damn game developer company JUST for previews, news updates and reviews....they REAL REAL good.

Carigamers

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2007, 09:18:06 PM »

Offline Rten-Kakashi

• Chunin
  • Chakra 7
    • Wii
    • View Profile
  • CPU: i forgot
  • GPU: good enough
  • RAM: 4 GB
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2007, 11:01:39 PM »
have you seen their wii & ps3 reviews as of late? But anyway, dis not de place to talk bout dat, but seriously, their 360 reviews aren't faulty like the other consoles, but i guess the reviewers have their own point-of-view, but its up to the player to decide if the game is enjoyable or not. I doh relly give a dam. Jeez i want to play assassins creed! looks dread!

Offline shivadee

• Honorary Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2007, 12:15:10 AM »
no. I have played the PS3 counterparts of the 360 games, and these men are spot on. The PS3 versions of many games, that take LONGER to release on the PS3 have actually been dissapointing.....poor AA in Vegas, bad texturing in FEAR and so forth. Now when a console goes cross platform i wait for which one is the best and get it. GAMESPOT does the side by side comparrison.....ALL THE TIME.....even with the PC versions so you know. They CATER for people like me that have all the consoles.

THere is a specific SECTION of their review in cross platform games DEDICATED to side by side comparrison, EVEN in the PC versions. Sometimes the do the "rollover" visual comparisons as well. These are not Liberal Arts pantymen from IGN (who i REAL vex with for wasting 50 US for a years subscription with) these are full fledged Journalists with a REAL passion for games and it is clearly shown in their detailed reviews for games that TAKE TIME to release.

Watch the TIME of when their releases come out. Burning Crusade took a WHILE to release (review). I was reading one in PC gamer, (have a subscription there too) and they spoke about the epic flying mount being this speed in the air and the regular one being another.......BOTH were WRONG....and its because they GOT the info from asking some jackass who plays the game, they didnt find out FOR THEMSELVES.

Listen to IGN and their video reviews....they ramble, say the same thing 10 times, god FORBID you listen to a Gametrailers review.....they section every part of the game off like is a piece of cheese.

I am getting Assassins for PS3. In nearly EVERY game developer interview with Jade she is speaking about the L1 and R1 buttons in the PS3 version of the game for examples. Final reviews show better texturing in the PS3 and some better lighting in the 360 so its a kinda tossup. i have Oblivion GOTY for PS3 and i have Darkness for PS3.....all are better than on the 360 version. However COD4 on PS3 is running in 720 and the 360 is in 1080....i bought the 360 version and rented the PS3 version.

Even their Zelda review i agree with. They didnt give it a 9.5 but instead and 8.8 and REAL men were pissed. I bought Wii Play the other day just for a damn free controler.....wtf i care bout the games for. Same price for a controler and i get some pos games with it....dat ok.

I COMPLETLEY agree with that review. JUST FYI I was in E3 in 2005 AND 2006 playing demo's of BOTH the first release GCN and then Wii versions of this game. I spoke with the US team DIRECTLY about the inclusion of things in the game and their reasoning for not a OMGPWN but a WOW AWESOME game review is EXACT on.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 12:27:42 AM by shivadee »

Offline Rten-Kakashi

• Chunin
  • Chakra 7
    • Wii
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2007, 10:50:20 AM »
well i don't live in the U.S, as a result i have never attended an E3 conference before, so i can't argue with what you said, but tell me, which one of IGN's reviews make more sense; the written one or the video, i by far prefer the written, to me, they're more accurate than gamespot for certain games(some may disagree), but i really prefer going to IGN for my wii reviews.

I don't own a PS3, but i search for reviews for some of their games; the ones that i'm really curious about, then i go to gamespot for, i dunno 'back-up' but they let me down.

Btw, IGN reviewed galaxy & MoH a week before they released the games, and when i went tuh gamespot, they were stickin' man. I stick to my IGN and you stick tuh yuh Gamespot. And that comparison thing is very unfair, focus on the console you're reviewing, doh biz bout de others. Gamespot good for people like you shivadee; who have the three consoles, but 4 fellas like me who only have 1 outta 3, IGN is the way to go.

Offline Arcmanov

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 126
  • Gamer/Enthusiast
    • :n64: :gcn: :dreamcast: :xbox360: :computer:
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcmanov's rig
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.3 GHz
  • GPU: 2 x [Gigabyte] GeForce GTX 1070
  • RAM: 4 x 8GB G.Skill.TridentZ RGB DDR4-2400
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • MBL: LG V20
  • Origin ID: Arcmanov
  • PSN: Arcmanov
  • Steam: Arcmanov
  • XBL: Arcmanov
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2007, 11:18:14 AM »
You all are forgetting that all game reviews are somewhat tainted by a small amount of subectivity,
and high expectations on the part of the reviewers themselves, so its still an opinion.
What might be damning for one reviewer might be a minor annoyance for another. 
I never take a single review of a game at face value.  Its better to read reviews from 3 or 4 diffferent sites, and then weigh
them against each other to get a general sense of what the game has to offer based on what was
actually said in the reviews themselves.

That said however, some sites tend to be a little more in-depth with their reviews than others.
I have always been partial to Gamespot's reviews, and usually check them first, but I also
check 1UP.com and IGN for their take on the games as well.

Case in point for this very Assassin's Creed.  Some sites panned it, while others gave it glowing reviews.
This makes it a bit harder for consumers because they now have to make a choice about which
review to trust.  I personally would like to play this game, but not before COD4 and Crysis though. :happy0203:
Systems United Navy - Accipiens ad Astra

Carigamers

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2007, 11:18:14 AM »

Offline shivadee

• Honorary Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2007, 12:01:54 PM »
1UP i used to use. However they are part of the Ziff Davis company who owned the now defunct US Playstation Magazine. 1UP's reviews are very inconsistent due to their constantly changing staff. Their reviews are also a little too short for my taste.

Rten I REALLY like IGN for their news articles, i dont think they can be beat, apart from going to THEIR sources like kotaku.com and gamasutra.com
Their reviews though are very long AND very detailed. I just dont think they are consistent. It feels more like they rush to get their review out than anything.

All review sites are opinionated because that is the only way to judge a game, despite the supposed "unbiased" review. Thing about the IGN crew is that you have a PS3 reviewer, a 360 review team and a Wii review team.....each team is geared to that console, OBVIOUSLY (you eh know these Americans and their sh!t eh) each time likes to show up that what THEY doing is good, and there is competition amongst the groups.

Gamespot constantly shifts their reviewers around. Actually they have GENRE based reviewers rather than console. Which i find much better, people who are SPECIALIZED in what to expect from playing the genre based game.

When i used to review for gameinfowire.com (XBOX) and gamedreamz.com (Gamecube) There was always a "conflict" with the groups. They actually started removing the comparison test (a la IGN) because of the "Fanboyism" that started to ensue on the forums.

These points are form my opinion and experience. I reviewed commercially for about 3 years before I realized that it was a garbage career in the game industry and during that time i looked into the internal aspects of the industry.

Also something to keep in mind. These review sites have to meet a QUOTA to be on metacritic and gamerankings. They have to get X amount of hits on their site, they have to maintain GOOD ties with the companies that give them FREE games, so they HAVE to brown nose a bit, and I am talking gamespot as well. SOme people say they are "payed" to review the game well, you must be mad, they arent....its called Public Relations!!! you kiss @ss to get the first interview.

Offline shivadee

• Honorary Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2007, 01:31:10 PM »
Any men in the US with their PS3....i just walk into Frys and get Assassins for PS3......and pay.......43 US TOTAL.......i feel is because they get a late shipment....or something. It may be for today only.....whatever getup off your @ss and buy this NOW if yuh want to save cash...kthxbai :P

Offline Rten-Kakashi

• Chunin
  • Chakra 7
    • Wii
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2007, 03:07:52 PM »
$43 U.S? what's the original price exactly?

Offline AvatarTT

• Kage
  • Chakra 83
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
  • CPU: i7-4790k
  • GPU: GTX 970 G1 Gaming
  • RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
  • Origin ID: BloodyAvatar
  • PSN: BloodyAvatar
  • Steam: AvatarTT
  • XBL: AvatarTT
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2007, 04:03:16 PM »

$60 USD, $70 for the LE.
You have part of my attention - you have the minimum amount.

Offline ProtoJoe

• Kage
  • Chakra -11
  • Walk softly....and carry a big gun...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2007, 04:44:24 PM »
I'm trying so hard not to read any reviews of this game. Alot of them apparently spoil the futuristic twist about the game.... The game place in movie towne is supposed to be getting by monday....but then again, up to now they havent gotten folklore :( But this would be a real popular game so they should try their best to bring it in asap

Offline Rten-Kakashi

• Chunin
  • Chakra 7
    • Wii
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2007, 04:48:20 PM »

$60 USD, $70 for the LE.

so shivadee get he own @ a lower price cuz of late shipment? that makes sense, but i don't know them to do that here in T&T, dam shivadee, you're lucky to be up there. ebay, i need you!

Offline Exar_Kun

• Jonin
  • Chakra 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2007, 05:02:48 PM »
Of all the people, Penny Arcade has re-sparked my interest in the game. Very good read:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/2007/11/14#1195073220

Offline shivadee

• Honorary Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2007, 02:31:32 AM »
1. Assassins VERY VERY mad. Fellas the WHOLE cities you are in are explorable.....and they are HUGGGGE. amazing game.....SOOOOOO much things to do.

2. PS3 people, there is an issue with the PS3 version,, it freezes at randome times....happened to me. Ubisoft has addressed the issue and are workin on a patch for it. Has to do with the recent firmware upgrade affecting the game i think.
PS. the PS3 version looks nicer :) thats why i got it.

Offline ProtoJoe

• Kage
  • Chakra -11
  • Walk softly....and carry a big gun...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2007, 04:50:59 PM »
Ways.....this game is amazing, i mean seriously, im so loving 'next gen' now. I have the PS3 version and ive only had one freeze and it was strange, I jumped on a wall and couldnt do anything else except look arround, nothing else was responding....very strange. But the game is real bad!!

Offline Redlum08

• Global Moderator
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 10
    • Xbox One, Wii U, Xbox 360, Wii, 3DS XL
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 720QM
  • GPU: nVidia GeForce GTS360M VRAM 1 GB
  • RAM: 6 GB 1066Mhz
  • Broadband: Wideband - Time Warner Cable New York 50Mbps Download and 5Mbps Upload
  • Origin ID: RedlumTT
  • PSN: RedlumTT
  • XBL: RedlumTT
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2007, 12:34:44 PM »
1. Assassins VERY VERY mad. Fellas the WHOLE cities you are in are explorable.....and they are HUGGGGE. amazing game.....SOOOOOO much things to do.

2. PS3 people, there is an issue with the PS3 version,, it freezes at randome times....happened to me. Ubisoft has addressed the issue and are workin on a patch for it. Has to do with the recent firmware upgrade affecting the game i think.
PS. the PS3 version looks nicer :) thats why i got it.

And I thought AutoDesk only Made AutoCAD for Architect / Construction Professionals, I guess they have their hand in Game design now...
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=10316291&linkID=10225710

Offline shivadee

• Honorary Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2007, 05:18:43 PM »
no they bought 3DS MAX and Maya early this year or late last year i think.

Offline shivadee

• Honorary Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2007, 05:26:32 AM »
So its after 1 am and Assassins Creed is done. I really liked the ending......im not even going to say anything. But the story is cool and the ending is cooler. Loved it.

The controls are great, but actually missions do seem repetitive. It reached a point where you have to kill 5 guys in 5 mins, then 5 guys in 4 mins....etc etc without being detected. That was the ONLY one that was annoying rest were fine.

Other missions may have been repetitive on paper but REALLY didnt feel like it. The environment is so huge that the world and the exploration more than makes up for it.

Being a real hardcore Splinter Cell guy and a fan of the Theif series Assasins doesnt really deliver on the STEALTH part, but the abilities of your character make up for it. Its mostly the AI in the game itself. But the AI being forgiving is actually necessary in this game or else it would be impossible to play. Another positive note is this game has non linearity DOWN to a T. Which is great.

in reality if you were caught in an act of killing someone you would probably never be able to show your face again. But in order to accomplish your tasks this is necessary.

I loved the high and low profile killing system, its nice in most parts. What should be implimented was an ability to attack while in the air. i know you can run up and drop down and kill someone but sometimes you couldnt, if it was pretty high up. Although in those cases it was designed for you to drop down, initiate an impossible fight with 5 or 6 guards, kill your target and haul ass.

With that in mind I hope people who read reviews keep what i said in mind. Those reviewers played AC to finish it, not to enjoy it, hence they say the "confusing" ending....when infact if you were PAYING THE F*CK attention you would understand that it is quite interesting.

Another thing was the mention of repetition. It is there, but in very different scenarios. In one sense a guy walks out and you have multiple targets, one of which is him. Another where he runs from  you and can get away, another where you face him infront of many people and you have to kill him and know its nearly impossible to kill all his guards.

On another note the combat system in the game is new and very very comfortable. your ability to counter, dodge and then initiate finishing moves is EXTREMELY well executed. Target lock is very nice too where the HUD can actually aniticipate your targets in such a vast crowd, amazing.

one HUGE feature i have to stress on is FREE RUNNING. ZOMG its fun. Hauling ass across rooftops and jumping ledges in syncro is fantastic. His climbing abilities are very realistic for the part. At no time can you say.....man no way he could do that.

Leap of faith isnt really a BIIIIIG deal. I mostly used it to get down from lookout points i climbed so damn high to find. However the climbing to the top reveals an incredible reward of how vast the city is. and you can go ANYWHERE......im not kidding.

Like the game, go get.

ASSASSINS CREED WITH PENNYARCADE***********************************************************************************

I guess some guy at IGN is mad at me and he lays into me on their podcast. You can follow the link and listen for yourself but I don't recommend it, they don't really deserve the traffic spike. Basically some IGN guy is super pissed because I said I didn't agree with the bad reviews of Assassins Creed. I'm actually of the opinion that if we're pissing off IGN we must be doing something right.

Honestly my main concern was to make sure people didn't avoid the game based on some of the poor reviews. I got something like four hundred mails after that post and 90% of them looked like this:

"Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Assassin's Creed.  I was going to skip it based on the reviews.  After reading your write up I rented it though.  I've played about 10 hours and love it!"

So there you go, that's all I wanted.

The IGN thing is just sort of silly. He says I should leave reviewers alone because I "just do things and write things as a freaking comic artist." I'm not sure how to respond to that. I think he's trying to insult me but everything he said there is true.

The sad thing is I wasn't even talking about their review. I was talking about the 7.0 from 1Up. No one actually pays any attention to IGN or their 7-10 review scale. To tell you the truth I still don't even know what IGN's review of AC was. Was it bad? It's really kind of cute that he thinks I was talking about him. After hearing how worked up he got on the podcast I actually feel kind of bad ruining it. It must have been a real thrill for him to believe he was relevant.

***********************************************************************************************************''
HA HA.....pwned......f(ckin reviewers.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 05:43:21 AM by shivadee »

Carigamers

« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2007, 05:26:32 AM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal