Author Topic: Capcom Fighting Evolution  (Read 4297 times)

Offline rb

• Sannin
  • Chakra 6
    • Xbox 360,PS2, Dreamcast
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
  • XBL: spoonztt
Capcom Fighting Evolution
« on: December 26, 2004, 01:40:12 AM »
Well Capcom has graced us with a "new" fighting game called Capcom Fighting Evolution. Its an attempt to rake in cash from us Street Fighter players. Basically CFE brings together 5 games. Street Fighter 2 , Street Fighter 3 , Darkstalkers, Street Fighter Alpha and Red Earth. Red Earth was a little known fighter on Capcom's CPS3 system. There are 4 characters from each of the 5 games. It is a team based game or at least it's supposed to be. The team system is like Rival Schools minus the team attack.  You have to select 2 characters. At the end of the round you may choose to stay with the first character you selected or press 2 kick buttons and switch characters. A match is standard best of 3 rounds. The game itself is fun but you can see certain characters having a clear cut advantage over the others.Darkstalkers pwn! Anyways if you're interested its out on PS2 now.

Other things you should know..

Do not play with Hauzer aka the big ass dinosaur.

Carigamers

« on: December 26, 2004, 01:40:12 AM »

Offline camrE

• Village Idiot
  • Jonin
  • Chakra 2
    • PS3, Wii, Xbox 360, PSP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2004, 09:02:13 PM »
Ryu Vs. A big ass dinosaur. Wow. I cannot wait!                    

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
  • The prodigal gunslinger returns.
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
  • PSN: RyRodrigo
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2004, 09:50:07 PM »
Trust me. The minute you see this game, it'll turn from "I can't wait!" to "I waited for this?!"

Nah. Maybe I've over-exaggerated there.
I actually enjoyed my first few games in CFE.
Afterwards, though, it gets a tad tedious.
I mean....just 1 new character is kinda weak, especially for a Capcom game, and the gameplay, after a while, tends to get old.

Here are, really, my gripes with this game:

1. The graphics. You'll notice that sprite-wise, this game reeks of re-hash in the most literal way you can think of.
The sprites are practically ripped from the games they are from, with a few minor tweaks here and there. Unfortunately, these tweaks make the characters, well.....uglier. No way I can beat around the bush here. Zangief looks like he ate one MEAN mad cow burger, and, as for Guy, he looks like he got his face stung by a hive of bees.
Plus, I'm told that if you really, truly want to see how hashy the sprite graphics are, take a turbo control, choose Urien, and have it mash LP like crazy. Haven't tested it out yet, though, but the rumours are that it really sucks.

The backgrounds? Meh. The majority of them are flat and boring, and whatever cameos you see only have TWO frames of animation. TWO. I'll give them this much, though....the Red Earth stages and characters are VERY well rendered. Just WHY couldn't they give that treatment to the other characters? Demitri looks like a pixelated RETARD, for Pete's sakes!

2. Lack of variety.
Perhaps I have the wrong choice of words here.
Maybe not 'lack of variety' more than 'lack of characters people actually WANT to play!" In this game, you get a total of 22 characters. Sounds good, right? Wait. Where's Ken? Hsien-Ko? Mmm.....don't see her. Perhaps some Dudley....DAMN, not here either. Long story short, some Capcom staples are MISSING in this game, and, just when you thought it couldn't get rubbed in your face anymore, the really awesome characters that SHOULD have been in this game are cameos in the endings! I mean, lookie! J. Talbain, Gill, Morrigan and freaking DANTE all make appearances here!
DANTE! Capcom, shouldn't HE have been a character in this game, too? I mean, he may not be a character in a fighting game.....(no thanks to you guys), but still. He's a ka-jillion times better than, oh, say Anakaris. Hydron. Any character that you're so un-justifiably giving the spotlight to when they really don't deserve it. WEAK, Capcom. VERY WEAK.

3. Story, or a lack of one.
Feh. There's no real substantial story here.
Now, I know some of you out there don't really care about story in a fighting game, but, to me, I'd like to think that when I play this game, that my fighters actually have, oh, I don't know....a REASON as to why they're beating the snot out of each other.

Probably the closest thing you've got to story is when Ingrid shows up. Feh, AGAIN. To me, Ingrid's about as significant as the bread hiding in the back of my refridgerator. As in..."Yawn. Big deal." Now, if she was as infamous as say....Akuma, then we could talk, but, as is, Ingrid isn't ANYTHING special, not in the game, not anywhere....probably not yet, anyway.

The least Capcom could have done was have some dialouge between characters, ala SVC Chaos. That way, I wouldn't feel like I'm fighting in a tournament with no purpose.

4. The emptiness of victory.
You know, when I beat somebody in MvC2, I feel like I've actually done something. Same for CvS2. I feel like pressing start again, and taking on a new challenger, because it gave me the feel like I've accomplished some great feat. This game? Nope. Not really. To tell you the truth, the more I play this game, the more shallow and pointless it feels. I can't even describe how.

Yeah, so...those, in a nutshell, are my gripes with the game.
Don't get me wrong, it does have its redeeming qualities about it, but, to me, they fade rather quickly. What a shame.                    

Offline ShinSagat

• Jonin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
    • http://ps2.ign.com
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2005, 02:28:30 AM »
LOL i get this game...get shin akuma.. felt good..

D only complaint i have to add is.. where d blasted gallery mode. It had some sweet pics from endings (Demitri and Kenji just to name 2) and u can never veiw them unless u beat it AGAIN

Pyron is d shizziest boss ever.. He is a uber-shiz-hound. Shin akuma up to d same old same old which i cant get enough of but i can get enough of red earth. Leo and kenji are actually on my good side but hauzer is another story. They showed us a good idea handled badly. I am loyal doh i still would say to get it. Anniversary collection was a better buy doh                      

Hmph...Try again Kid - Sagat

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • :ps3::wii::xbox360:
  • Referrals: 35
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carigamers.com
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
  • GPU: Geforce GTX 680 2GB
  • RAM: 16GB
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • MBL: Nexus 5x
  • PSN: TriniXaeno
  • XBL: TriniXaeno
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2005, 11:15:16 AM »
like I always say, once it have ryu in it......                    

Carigamers

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2005, 11:15:16 AM »

Offline camrE

• Village Idiot
  • Jonin
  • Chakra 2
    • PS3, Wii, Xbox 360, PSP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2005, 11:23:54 AM »
Wow, thats  the weakest reason I have eevr heard to play a SF game. lmao                    

Offline ShinSagat

• Jonin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2005, 04:12:39 AM »
U MAD OR WHA that is biblical talk the man buss dey.. Nah but seriously it is time for ryu to get a serious character build up. Lonliness of being a wanderer has no effect on him....                    

Offline rb

• Sannin
  • Chakra 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2005, 02:05:06 PM »
Actually Ryu is one of the best characters in this game.                    

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2005, 02:30:36 PM »
Actually Ryu is one of the most overpowered characters in this game.
Fixed.  :)                      

Offline rb

• Sannin
  • Chakra 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2005, 02:54:28 PM »
lol @ overpowered

I don't think he overpowered , the more I played the game the more I realized that it is pretty much "balanced" . Hauzer is still rape fodder. There's alot of insane stuff you can do against him. I was planning a "Fun With Hauzer" vid but alas the ps2  owner repossessed his console :(

Offline ShinSagat

• Jonin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2005, 05:15:31 PM »
About my ryu comment... i didnt mean his moves i meant his presentation as a character or more AS A HUMAN BEING                      

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2005, 11:40:16 PM »
lol @ overpowered

I don't think he overpowered , the more I played the game the more I realized that it is pretty much "balanced" . Hauzer is still rape fodder. There's alot of insane stuff you can do against him. I was planning a "Fun With Hauzer" vid but alas the ps2  owner repossessed his console :(
Dude...have you seen how much life his Shoryuken crops?
I mean, like...WOAH. :o

To be honest, with regards to Hauzer, I really think the Red Earth characters got the short end of the stick in this game. Sure, they are pretty good once you get to know them, but there's just one disadvantage with us Western Hemisphere gamers...we don't -know- them, at least not as well as Ryu and Guile. To us, they're new, and it makes them that much more difficult to play, since they don't adhere to the typical Shotokan/Charge style of play common with these titles. But I digress.

Hauzer has to be one of THE biggest punching bags that I have seen in the game. And I mean that quite literally. There's literally nowhere for this guy to hide, and he'll take a lot more punishment in a combo that most others, sheer size being a dominant factor. And you wonder why I play with the likes of Roll and Servbot in Marvel vs. Capcom 2. David vs. Goliath psychology, that's what it be. ;)

And, on a entirely different note, i would have paid GOLD to see that vid made. It sounds awesome. B)                      

Offline Ni-shie

• Academy Student
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
Re: Capcom Fighting Evolution
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2005, 01:54:13 AM »
firstly, i love 2D fighters & am a HUGE fan of both street fighter & dark stalkers (games, animes, comics) but i am very disappointed in CFE. capcom's last true good fighter was CvS 2 even though it lacked a story. i honestly like my 2D fighters to have a good story line. i spent some time but i finally got the sf story from 'sf 1 to the final fight series to sf alpha to sf2 to sf3' to the core of my mind. but anyways capcom is really best knew for half assing their games & CFE could have been better. for 1 the name 'fighting evolution' doesn't get justice. the team thing is cool but where is the tagging? capcom made tag team fighters what they are today & now they are killing it. the MvC series was great WHAT THE HELL WENT WRONG?
the game was rushed i believe & not much thought & care went it to it. capcom's collection of characters wasn't put to good use & teams could have been better. i have seen some video clips of red earth & i liked the game, the characters from there where okay. dark stalkers had three games in their series & they only put in only 1 team of characters. demetri's sprite is the ugliest in the game next is pyron. i saw the ds anime why could they do upgrades on those to like they did ryu, ken, chun-li, akuma, in the CvS series?
plus jedah came in vampire savior so why is he not in his group like a team vampire savior? him, maybe hsien-ko (lei-lei), b.b. hood (bulletta) & lilith or something of the sort. plus there are like some vs characters who could have been there in their own teams.
team classic
 mega man
 captain commando
 strider hiryu
 sonson

team final fight (i know guy is in team sf alpha but still...)
 cody
 maki
 rolento
 sodom or hugo

even team vs
 jin
 jill valentine
 ruby heart (who could be a dark stalker if they try how)
 amigo (same as above)

but people who feel the way i do you can understand what am saying right? a saving grace in this game was the cool comic style endings. udon i does both the sf & ds series some justice. any one remember the neo geo pocket & how about the 1st SvC game match of the milenium? a cool fighter with cool extras(like event mode, tag mode,etc)? anyone? look to make it short i would buy the still for what it is & hope maybe some day capcom stop half-assing their games & bring the udon staff to make their 2D fighers.
2D FIGHTERS STILL RULE!!!! anybody know if that sammy vs capcom is coming out still? i hope it is.

Offline Kaizen

• Sannin
  • Chakra 7
  • Captain Crunch mofos.
    • PsP,Ps2,Ps3,xbox 360,Nintendo Wii,Nintendo Ds
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel i7 740qm
  • GPU: Nvidia 460gtxm
  • RAM: 16 gigs ddr3
  • PSN: Kaiz_tt
  • XBL: kaiztt
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2005, 06:39:18 PM »
sammy vs capcom ohhhhhh <drools> ggx iwmc!
im a snk breed though ...anyone know what system red earth for or where i can get a emu or some
the chars kick aS% i think ..
Darkstalkers yesss sad i have this game for xbox ..Evolution that is

wham to ryu overpowered....O_o Ken to me is a the cheap mc that i luv to play with :D<not that i have uber skills like outlaw an them lol>

Offline Ni-shie

• Academy Student
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2005, 11:07:24 PM »
well..... sadly the good people at capcom, the half @$$e$,  never released it for a console as yet. they could have as double with the CFE. idiots right? if you could find an emu version of it, anybody, you are a blessed soul my friend. if you find any SF3 for emu you may find that as well.

Offline shivadee

• Honorary Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 13
  • Finally......almost! :)
    • XBOXONE, PS4,Switch, N3DS
    • View Profile
  • BattleNet ID: shivad33#1573
  • Origin ID: shivadee
  • PSN: finab00st
  • Steam: &Shiva
  • XBL: x3xyz
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2005, 07:25:00 AM »
i like the CFE nice memories it bring back. A street fighter must have

Carigamers

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2005, 07:25:00 AM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal