Author Topic: HALF LIFE 2  (Read 13144 times)

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • :ps3::wii::xbox360:
  • Referrals: 35
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carigamers.com
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
  • GPU: Geforce GTX 680 2GB
  • RAM: 16GB
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • MBL: Nexus 5x
  • PSN: TriniXaeno
  • XBL: TriniXaeno
HALF LIFE 2
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2004, 01:12:49 AM »
"There is a large number of users reporting nausea while playing Half-Life 2. There is a thread on the Steam powered forums that talks about the wide spread problem."

Many suggestion the default field of view setting of 75 to be the cause.

Remedies I have seen are as follows

Option 1
(At the console)
sv_cheats 1
fov 90
sv_friction 6

Option 2
add "default_fov 90" the the autoexec.cfg, in the hl2/cfg folder

Option 3
(Add to HL2 shortcut)
+default_fov 90

Carigamers

HALF LIFE 2
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2004, 01:12:49 AM »

Offline Czar

• Ancient
  • Kage
  • Chakra 12
    • Xbox One
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
  • XBL: slyCzar
HALF LIFE 2
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2004, 01:40:08 AM »
Any background info on how or why the field of view is the prob? I haven't had any problems thus far, but I don't typically play for longer than 1 hour at a time...                    

Offline Rampage

• Kage
  • Chakra 5
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gatt.co.tt
HALF LIFE 2
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2004, 02:50:32 AM »
i never had any probs and i 1 level away from beating de game                    

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
  • The prodigal gunslinger returns.
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
  • PSN: RyRodrigo
HALF LIFE 2
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2004, 10:08:36 AM »
I'm not surprised.
I'm the type of guy that USUALLY gets sick after playing such games, even for a little while. Doom 3 makes me want to go BLORK after one whole minute into the game, and the same goes for Vice City, although, it would take more like 30 minutes in that game for me to feel like blowing chunks. Hlaf-Life 2, I'm sure, is one of those types of games.                    

Offline Rampage

• Kage
  • Chakra 5
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gatt.co.tt
HALF LIFE 2
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2004, 11:54:02 AM »
it affects people differently. some say de same for q3 an thing. upon birth each person is given a certain amount of fps talant blood. if they given too little blood they get side effects upon playing dem games, if they given too much blood they kick too much arse in de game and send men home crying with a -7 idmc                    

Carigamers

HALF LIFE 2
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2004, 11:54:02 AM »

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
HALF LIFE 2
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2004, 12:24:20 PM »
lol @ -7 idmc

but this is serious pressure cause hard core gamists seeing trouble. Not just typical motion sickness sufferers. Read on to see what I mean.

The folks over at Slashdot have pointed out various Half-Life 2 discussion threads talking about players experiencing motion sickness problems with Half-Life 2. While it's common for some people to experience motion sickness while playing FPS games, the Half-Life 2 issue is peculiar because even hardcore FPS players who regularly spend hours playing various FPS games are experiencing nausea after only an hour of Half-Life 2 play. It appears that the current voodoo magic fix involves increasing the default FOV (field of view) setting from "75" to "90."

Valve themselves have said they are aware of the problem but don't think the peculiar fov setting they used has anything to do with it.

Valve has spoken up about the issue, and why they picked a FOV setting of 75 instead of 90.

"We've been rigorously playing and testing Half-Life 2, Counterstrike Source and Half-Life Source for a long time now - and we've found nothing to suggest that the FOV change is a significant factor in causing motion sickness. We have, however, put a great deal of work and attention into reducing the motion sickness that can be experienced in the vehicles in Half-Life 2"

More can be read about it on the half life forums.

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread...835#post1007835                    

Offline TrinireturnofGamez

• AdvancedTactics
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 4
    • View Profile
HALF LIFE 2
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2004, 01:21:54 PM »
i never suffered from nausea on a PC FPS , but on a console  with crappy graphics , and real close to the tv, i'd get a headache .
   played 2 hours of half life 2 just now, no nasea .

Usually people who suffer with motion sickness, and get seizures from watching patterns of moving lights would feel nausea when playing a very realistic, or crappy looking game .                      
http://freetrinipoetry.blogspot.com/

Core 2 duo E6600
Asus mobo
Radeon HD 4770
2 gigs DDR2 667 + 2 gigs DDR 800 OCZ

Offline TrinireturnofGamez

• AdvancedTactics
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 4
    • View Profile
HALF LIFE 2
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2004, 03:15:06 PM »
Xtreme FPS : plays good on all hardware , will run on a TNT 16mb.
I somehow doubt that...care to share the link where someone has proof of it running on a 16MB TNT? I'd try it myself but it's a little too much hassle to go dig up my old Riva TNT card and pray that it works in my current pc still...

According to gamespot.com, it requires a minimum of 32MB for the video gfx... http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/halflife2/techinfo.html
 in 2003 they were saying that it would run on a tnt2 , and the engine supports DX6 cards . I'll try mines when i get it... after i beat it a few times.                      
http://freetrinipoetry.blogspot.com/

Core 2 duo E6600
Asus mobo
Radeon HD 4770
2 gigs DDR2 667 + 2 gigs DDR 800 OCZ

Offline ShinSagat

• Jonin
  • Chakra 2
    • View Profile
    • http://ps2.ign.com
HALF LIFE 2
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2004, 03:37:51 PM »
i have never felt such things.. then again perfect dark was my last real pieongage experience wit fps :S                    

Hmph...Try again Kid - Sagat

Offline ChRoNiC

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
HALF LIFE 2
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2004, 09:01:09 PM »
i've seen my friends play it for hours and they doh feel the least bit sick                    
If You Don\'t Start Nuttin\'
There Won\'t Be Nuttin\'

Offline cereal_killer

• Jonin
  • Chakra -3
    • View Profile
HALF LIFE 2
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2004, 08:26:37 PM »
played for a couple of hours straight
didn't feel one bit sick                    

Offline Venom

• Genin
  • Chakra -3
    • View Profile
HALF LIFE 2
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2004, 09:39:31 PM »
fellas if yuh suffering from them things there are only two reasons
(1) get a good monitor
(2) dont drink and game                      

Offline DeadEyes

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
HALF LIFE 2
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2004, 08:37:11 AM »
lol Venom that's not the reason why you gonna suffer from motion sickness, but I'm not a doc so i can't give you the full and concise medical dissemination, but what i do know is that it's caused by the stimulus of the retina by light which causes a disruption of the balance in the body, similar to how certain flashing lights can cause epileptic seizures in persons suffering with epilepsy                    

Offline SPK

• Ancient
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 16
  • You ever wonder why we're here...?
    • Glorious PC Gaming Master Race.
    • View Profile
  • CPU: AMD FX 8320
  • GPU: Sapphire Radeon 7870 2GB
  • RAM: 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1333.
  • Broadband: Flow.
  • Steam: spk1983tt
HALF LIFE 2
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2004, 08:47:10 AM »
That sounds about right Deadeyes, it's kinda similar to epileptic seizures, just nowhere as near as dangerous...

As for me, I managed many nights of gaming on DOOM (1), usually for 4-5 hours straight and not get sick, while my sis and bro can't watch for more than a couple mins...so I dunno how or if HL2 will affect me....FPS and me gets along pretty nicely for the most part...:)                    
Nagamete iru dake ja, itsumademo te ni dekinai...nagamete iru dake ja, kimi no mono ni wa naranai...

ssssssSSSSSSS...That's a nice everything you got there....SSSSSSS.

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
HALF LIFE 2
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2004, 03:35:41 PM »
Lawd!

Lixxxxxxxxxxxx in half life 2 mc.

Game of the Decade!!

29/10

15,00000 acres of prime agriculutral farm land with nothing but CORN!!!!

*Baego runs around and slams into the nearest wall

The only way this game coulda be better is if Alyx was Halle Berry and Gordon was Arnold Schwarzenegger and lamar was their love child. Perfection iwmc.

I changin my callsign to Valve oui

[X]-Valve iymc

PC Zone says it best!
Half-Life 2 is the best first-person shooter ever. Indeed, it may well be the best action game ever, full stop. It's a huge statement to make, especially in a world of Max Paynes, Quakes, Splinter Cells and Halos. But it's true, and here's why.

Half-Life 2 is simply beautiful. Not only in looks, but in every part of its construction. The environments themselves are breathtaking, diverse and immense, but rather than offering a series of randomly themed missions, Half-Life 2 plays like an 18-hour action film, scripted tight as a drum to make every second as involving and exciting as the last. Where one level of Doom 3 is largely indistinguishable from the next, Half-Life 2 shifts gears dramatically at every turn, with new and unexpected delights tumbling one after the other.

Even the opening level is a revelation, despite the fact that you spend its entirety bereft of weapons. I guarantee you'll spend the first half-hour of the game simply delighting in the world - testing the wonderfully generous physics properties (every loose item in the world can be picked up, thrown and usually destroyed), and marvelling at the looks and behaviour of the inhabitants. I know I spent a good 20 minutes simply throwing suitcases and litter at Combine grunts, then running away when they came at me with a cattle-prod.

SOFTLY, SOFTLY
It's the only shooter I've ever played where I wasn't frustrated not to have a gun in my hand straight away, wishing the opening stages would stop patronising me and let me shoot something. Here, you barely register the fact, so involving

IS THE WORLD AROUND YOU.

WHEN THE SHOOTING
does begin, it begins with a vengeance. As dynamic and interactive as the world feels when you're empty-handed,
with a gun in your hand it feels almost unnaturally violent. Every weapon, even the basic pistol, has a substantial, explosive feel to it. Later armaments like the Overwatch Pulse Rifle or SMG make you want to shoot at birds just to hear its thunderous cough.

The way barrels explode, the way wood shatters and splinters, the way blood splatters across propaganda-stained walls - everything you do has a gratifying force behind it. And though much of this is down to the Havok 2.0 physics, which we've seen plenty of times before, it's never been implemented with as much finesse and tightly-wound impact as in Half-Life 2.

TOTAL ACTION
Even so, shooting guns is only a small part of the game's rich palette. Certainly, parts of the game find you in familiar territory - gunning down Combine soldiers with headshots, fending off zombies with a crowbar - it's like you never left. But this kind of traditional FPSing occurs only in moments, carefully weighted segments defined by the game's flawless sense of pacing and surprise.

Just as you finish marvelling at one bullet-riddled set-piece, another huge gearshift sees you dodging rocket fire in an amphibious airboat, beating Manhacks (flying buzz saws) away with a crowbar, hurtling along a coastal highway in a turbo-powered dune buggy, building a bridge out of physics objects or leading a squad of rebels in a pitched street-battle. The action shifts and surges marvellously, never giving you time to tire of one gameplay style and always keeping you guessing. If Rome is Total War, Half-Life 2 is total action.

GORDON, MESSIAH
Indeed, the game is so varied, it's difficult to name all the great gaming moments. Think of your favourite moment in any top shooter, and Half-Life 2 will almost certainly have something to equal or better it. Max Payne 2's explosive shootouts and cunningly placed fuel barrels? Matched. Call Of Duty's epic, intense street battles? Beaten. Doom 3's terrifying zombie corridors? Out-spooked, and with the Gravity Gun in hand, a hell of a lot more fun too. Indeed, Half-Life 2 could claim to beat every other shooter out there at its own game, not to mention doing stuff you've never seen before. It is, quite simply, the ultimate shooter experience.                      

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 3770
  • GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070
  • RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR3 2166MHz
  • Broadband: FLOW
  • Steam: W1nTry
  • XBL: W1nTry
HALF LIFE 2
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2004, 03:49:32 PM »
Dread I finally get the game and the thing crashing  :(  I have to get another copy or something.... AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anyone have a good working copy I could buy/borrow/copy/etc???                    

Offline Venom

• Genin
  • Chakra -3
    • View Profile
HALF LIFE 2
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2004, 05:39:45 PM »
ah i remember those days playin hlf1 on a 200mhz p1 with the turbo button on, and 4mb video card and 32mb or ram, those were the days                    

Offline Crixx_Creww

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra -12
  • ANBU OF THE HIDDEN VILLAGE FOAK
    • Atari 2600.
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
    • www.crixxcrew.com
  • CPU: Intel Q6600 @3.2 Ghz
  • GPU: Nvidia Xfx geforce 9800GTX+
  • RAM: 8 Gigs Mixed kingston and corsair ddr2
HALF LIFE 2
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2004, 06:01:58 PM »
yeah wintry

you could buy it at eb or best buy or one of those places

thats the only thing we condone....                    

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
HALF LIFE 2
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2004, 02:12:37 PM »
lol @ condone
ent
find yuh mc on Gatt Chat w1ntry if you're not already.

if you don't know how, trade a sister and we will show you how to connect.

To further wet your appetite,

Offline DeadEyes

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
HALF LIFE 2
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2004, 08:27:02 AM »
the game is MAD dread do you believe that the first pic with the robot is a "dog"??? Dest beat the game saturday night....mc mc mc..... and although i won't play a game like this i must admit it's visually stunning and well thought out                    

Carigamers

HALF LIFE 2
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2004, 08:27:02 AM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal