Author Topic: What do you believe?  (Read 28368 times)

Offline Computerman

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
  • Can you see in the dark?
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
What do you believe?
« Reply #140 on: August 20, 2004, 09:11:23 AM »
I believe that the banned list will save the game of Duel Monsters!                    

Carigamers

What do you believe?
« Reply #140 on: August 20, 2004, 09:11:23 AM »

Offline SPK

• Ancient
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 16
  • You ever wonder why we're here...?
    • Glorious PC Gaming Master Race.
    • View Profile
  • CPU: AMD FX 8320
  • GPU: Sapphire Radeon 7870 2GB
  • RAM: 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1333.
  • Broadband: Flow.
  • Steam: spk1983tt
What do you believe?
« Reply #141 on: September 11, 2004, 08:02:17 PM »
I believe that hope is brought anew when others let you know that you matter somehow, but like an hourglass, that time just runs down till u need it again....                    
Nagamete iru dake ja, itsumademo te ni dekinai...nagamete iru dake ja, kimi no mono ni wa naranai...

ssssssSSSSSSS...That's a nice everything you got there....SSSSSSS.

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
  • The prodigal gunslinger returns.
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
  • PSN: RyRodrigo
What do you believe?
« Reply #142 on: September 11, 2004, 09:00:15 PM »
I believe that I will sleep like a freaking LOG once exams are done and over with tomorrow. Yes, I have exams on a Sunday. Yes, I do know that screams several shades of wrong.

And no, I am not hoarding Columbian Coffee smuggling donkeys in my kitchen cupboard. Who told you that anyway? O_-                    

Offline Rommel

• Kage
  • Chakra -1
    • View Profile
What do you believe?
« Reply #143 on: September 15, 2004, 06:45:02 AM »
I believe that there are lumps in my oatmeal                    
~~Plague~~
                          ~~Bubba~~
~~HQ United~~
                          ~~L2 Outsiders~~
~~Team Z~~

the legacy continues....

Offline silk

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
What do you believe?
« Reply #144 on: September 17, 2004, 03:08:52 AM »

the US backed israel in the first place and armed them so that they could take all the palestinian land they wanted... if they had monitered them.... we may not have been in this situation rite now....

In 1948,  The state of Israel was created.  Jews/Isrealis were displaced by the 2nd World War, where 6 million of them died in concentration camps.  After the bloody formation of the state of Israel, (BTW where Israel appealled to the UN for help and were left on their own), the Arab Nations formed a Charter that the state of Israel, is a cancer, that must be eliminated.  Every Arab army (Irag, Iran, Egypt, TransJordan, etc....)pooled together and THEY started a war to eliminate the State of Israel.  The world stood by as Israel was attacked, and had it not been for the intervention of the US, the state would have been erased. Palestinians are a sad side effect of that original war.  What most ppl don't know is that, Arabs were told to converge on Israel by the millions, because they NEVER thought it was possible to lose the 1948 war.  When the Arab armies were defeated by the Isrealis, with US backing and funding, millions of Arabs were "stuck" in Israel.  All Arab countries closed their doors on the humanitarian crisis, THEY created, by miscalculating a victory. Thus the Palestinian "struggle"  was born.  Palestinians never wanted to be in Israel, and tried to return to their homelands, but were denied so by ARAB countrie.

the americans helped to throw out the guy before saddam, and put saddam in.... they play around with politics with their gain in mind. As long as the middle easts stays unstable..there will be no GLA or a united muslim state that can challenge US supremacy.

This is most true. No argument here.  America meddles in governments etc.  But  having a look at the world prsently,  911, Israel, Spain, Russia, Phillipines, Algeria, Chechnya, Bosnia, do you honestly prefer a United Muslim state with more power than the US ??  

--- Out of the frying pan into the fire ---

BTW --- The US continues to fund the state of Israel for 1 reason !!
The Muslim world will NOT tolerate the state of Israel and will eliminate it any chance they get.  Like them or hate them, The US is the only military power standing between
1)  Israel existing or not.
2)  Keeping Venezuela from annexing T&T
3)  Brazil from invading Guyana for gold and diamonds
4)  North Korea from nuking S.Korea
5)  China from invading Taiwan
6)  Japan seizing all the tiny lil islands in the Pacific.

I do not condone their capitalist operations and incessant meddling in other countries affairs.  But, looking at it objectively, they are the de facto police of the world, and like all police (we know CSU)  you have to bully and intimidate to maintain your respect, fear and power.....sadly...

For the sake of argument....get rid of America,   Peace on Earth ????

Nope....Anarchy.......every twobit dictator with an army will invade he neighbour country..  Lesser of Two Evils !!!!!!                    
- What me worry ?!? -

Carigamers

What do you believe?
« Reply #144 on: September 17, 2004, 03:08:52 AM »

Offline silk

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
What do you believe?
« Reply #145 on: September 17, 2004, 03:12:33 AM »
Oh, by the way....I believe George Bush will win the US elections......
Warlord IWMC ......lol                    
- What me worry ?!? -

Offline Kayode

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://
What do you believe?
« Reply #146 on: September 17, 2004, 06:40:59 AM »

2) Keeping Venezuela from annexing T&T

What? Please explain.

That was a real one-sided post regarding the Israel issue.

The region that was originally Palestine was under British colonial rule after WW1 and was partitioned into two countries, Israel and Palestine, after WW2 following a UN Resolution to provide a nation for displaced Jewish victims of the war(s).

Just a note that there was always a Jewish presence in the area that would come to be known as Palestine, thousands of years before Islam even came into existence. The Arab presence in the Palestine region grew after the rise of Islam. Jews and Muslims lived in relative peace in the area, even though it was under Arab control.

The planned partition gave the Jewish state more than half the land in the region even though the Jewish population was only 30%, and gave the Arab state less than half the land even though the Arab population was no less than 70%.

The Arab rulers of the region never agreed to the resolution or the move. But it took place, and that prompted the War.

Also, you were way off course about the refugee issue. The reason that there are so many refugees in Palestine is because during the War, Israel captured much of the land that was granted to the Palestinians. It captured even more territory during later conflicts. It was originally supposed to control 54% of the region, and eventually controlled around 80%.
The Arabs who were "told to converge in the millions" were people who had been living there in the first place. The Palestinians are refugees on their own land.

The Palestinian struggle is a very real struggle. Doh really know where you getting your info from.

The US backs Israel for two main reasons.
It gives them a solid military presence in the Middle East.
Jewish and Zionist (not necessarily the same) bodies have a lot of influence in US business, media and politics.

You're right about the ideals of a US superpower being better than those of an Arab superpower, but this War has nothing to do with ideals. This is all about money and power.

Edit by NEO: Edited to clear up double posting                    

Offline nytemare

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lotsalag.net/blbk/
What do you believe?
« Reply #147 on: September 17, 2004, 09:32:25 AM »
I belive that this dude, Kayode, is quite smart, his knowledge of world history is impressive.                    
And as I sat down on the couch, reached down and grabbed the controller, I most nonchalantly looked over, barely gracing him with my eyes. I uttered calmly these simple and truthful words. \"Spread ur cheeks and bite down, cause now you are F*@%ED!\"

Offline cereal_killer

• Jonin
  • Chakra -3
    • View Profile
What do you believe?
« Reply #148 on: September 17, 2004, 10:20:12 AM »
i believe i set off the metal detector at the airport because i have buns of steel :P                    

Offline SPK

• Ancient
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 16
    • View Profile
What do you believe?
« Reply #149 on: September 17, 2004, 12:35:04 PM »
Guys, plz lay off the spam...

I believe that overpreparing yourself for something can be worse than underpreparing yourself, because when you don't do as well as you would have liked, it hurts twice as much...                    
Nagamete iru dake ja, itsumademo te ni dekinai...nagamete iru dake ja, kimi no mono ni wa naranai...

Offline silk

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
What do you believe?
« Reply #150 on: September 18, 2004, 04:43:30 AM »
Not denying the Israelis captured more and more land with each Arab - Israeli war. And i'm not trivialising the nature of the Palestinian struggle.I just thought the original poster was off by saying  America armed Israel first and Israel stole the land.  You (Kayode) explains this quite well  *ahem*.  And his thoughts on the struggle is a worldwide view (lopsided IMO) of the struggle.  Arab leaders of the day are equally to blame for the Palestinian situation.
And yes beside the Arabs who were dispossesed by the UN/British Partition, thousands (mostly poor) left their homes in neighbouring countries, for a chance at life in Israel, on the advice of Arab leaders.  Like the Pakistanis who go to Afganistan to fight a Jihad and end up being enlisted into the Taliban.  Like the foreign fighters in Irag, fanning the insurgency. In 1948, it happened on a larger scale. Anyways, bottomline is, after the war, they got stuck with Israel and Israel stuck with them.  

Both parties were placed in their current situation by external forces.  

Well yeah economics run things, especially with a capitalist US  :)                    
- What me worry ?!? -

Offline silk

• Genin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
What do you believe?
« Reply #151 on: September 18, 2004, 04:46:19 AM »
Oh the venezuela thingie.....lol....a hypothetical situation....not far fetched .. i believe  

i believe world leaders like oil  !!!   We have oil !!!                    
- What me worry ?!? -

Nebuchadnezzar

What do you believe?
« Reply #152 on: September 18, 2004, 11:12:23 AM »
i believe u guys are all nuckin futs...                    

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
What do you believe?
« Reply #153 on: September 18, 2004, 01:52:20 PM »
LOLZORS @ 'nucking futs'.

Guys, while your opinions on US politics are very insightful, please, this isn't the place for it. Take it to the politics thread, if you have to. Let's not de-rail the purpose of this thread, please.

I believe that if you put too much effort into a 'good workout', you will feel the burn.....and I do mean BURN.... :shock:                    

Offline SPK

• Ancient
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 16
    • View Profile
What do you believe?
« Reply #154 on: October 10, 2004, 12:31:21 AM »
I believe that when you hurt those that you love, that no punshment can ever atone for what you may have done...                    

Offline Bob

• Jonin
  • Chakra 5
    • View Profile
What do you believe?
« Reply #155 on: October 10, 2004, 12:52:21 AM »
I believe that i will flip out and kill SPK the next time i see him for resurrecting this thread.                    

http://www.realultimatepower.net/
the world needs snake... only the US needs fisher...

Offline New Era Outlaw

• Divides by Zero
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 131
    • PS3, PS4
    • View Profile
What do you believe?
« Reply #156 on: October 10, 2004, 10:29:50 AM »
I believe that it's been AGES since we've posted anything in this thread, and it's about time it got resurrected.                    

Offline carlsberg

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
What do you believe?
« Reply #157 on: October 10, 2004, 11:47:34 AM »
i believe that some threads just never die.

*--hint--hint--*o0                    
JIHAD

Offline cereal_killer

• Jonin
  • Chakra -3
    • View Profile
What do you believe?
« Reply #158 on: October 10, 2004, 12:24:05 PM »
i believe i already post in this thread so i not goin to post in it any more                    

Offline carlsberg

• Jonin
  • Chakra 0
    • View Profile
What do you believe?
« Reply #159 on: October 10, 2004, 12:38:22 PM »
^^^^ i believe dat its too late for dat.

i also believe that : "to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."                    
JIHAD

Carigamers

What do you believe?
« Reply #159 on: October 10, 2004, 12:38:22 PM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal