Author Topic: Is PC Gaming Dead? (as we knew it)  (Read 49722 times)

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 3770
  • GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070
  • RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR3 2166MHz
  • Broadband: FLOW
  • Steam: W1nTry
  • XBL: W1nTry
Re: Is PC Gaming Dead? (as we knew it)
« Reply #100 on: December 13, 2010, 01:40:31 PM »
dx11 doesnt automatically mean improved graphics. One of the main selling points of that architecture was accelerated processing over dx10. There are advanced graphical features but dont think that all those games are actually going to use them.

Not saying that people like Codemasters arent going to take full advantage but apart from Dirt3, I dont expect any graphically breathtaking games.

This is SO true, do yal recall the days of DX9 vs 10? DX 9 was FULLY capable of reproducing similar levels of eye candy as 10 (think bloom, HDR, etc) yet was never bothered with by the majority, they made the shift to 10 and it took TIME to implement that. Even with DX11 coming, they SELDOM EVER use all its abilities and if they do, it tends towards the end of its lifecycle. Besides it's like saying I driving a B13 with a 2JZ, sure it COULD be FAST, but if yuh cyah use the car, you go still drive it like a B13...

And Cap, I woulda help yuh out with the BOPS on the 360, but I already did with Wyatt, so let's see if Red or one of dem other fellas go extend the olive brach XD

Carigamers

« Reply #100 on: December 13, 2010, 01:40:31 PM »

Offline Redlum08

• Global Moderator
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 10
    • Xbox One, Wii U, Xbox 360, Wii, 3DS XL
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 720QM
  • GPU: nVidia GeForce GTS360M VRAM 1 GB
  • RAM: 6 GB 1066Mhz
  • Broadband: Wideband - Time Warner Cable New York 50Mbps Download and 5Mbps Upload
  • Origin ID: RedlumTT
  • PSN: RedlumTT
  • XBL: RedlumTT
« Reply #101 on: December 13, 2010, 01:44:13 PM »
Thats why Cap'n is jumping on our ship to ride the waves for himself to see what we talking about. I own every platform, and I am always on my Xbox. Not because I'm a fanboy, but because its my platform of choice which gives me the most fun for my buck. Blu_Vice and Apprentice prefer PS3, as do Messiah and Berserk prefer PC. Its all about preference in the end like we always say. But don't knock it till you try it.

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • :ps3::wii::xbox360:
  • Referrals: 35
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carigamers.com
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
  • GPU: Geforce GTX 680 2GB
  • RAM: 16GB
  • Broadband: :flow:
  • MBL: Nexus 5x
  • PSN: TriniXaeno
  • XBL: TriniXaeno
« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2010, 01:46:30 PM »
e a work of art. u want the best canvas, richest colors, and most awe inspiring set pieces to really dig into, sit back and bask in it.  

This is especially true for the single player games. Remember Dragon Age (Yes its one example) but this looked gorgeous on PC, however it looked like doggie pooh on both consoles (and yes I was actually able to compare)

There are many other examples of this, not to mention physix and interactivity with the environment a la battlefield, or batman Arkham Asylum. And we en even touch Direct x 11. (dirt 2 on pc vs console is almost a different game)

Berserk, you spoke GOSPEL there.

I hated on Halo on the xbox for years because it looked and played much better on the PC. Proper High Res graphics compared to that rubbish 680p they give you on the console.

The PC is superior in every way. Yet it is losing.

Awesome said it exactly. If consoles take over the scene, developers will likely not even bother pouring work into a graphically superior version just for a meager PC market. Then what? GS SB GS.

Messiaah, the reason for the state of emergency, is that very pool of PC gamers you enjoy playing with is shrinking. Day by day, chirstmas by christmas....they become fewer in number.

Earlier this year, it was still apparent that we had more gamers running on PC for the big ticket game (Battlefield Bad Company 2) than the console gamers.

The PC roster made the console roster look like a joke.

Funny how one little COD game could change all of that. There is an ocean of people sweating it breathless on consoles and telling their friends. The converse is happening on the PC. People catching their backside to play it and complaining to all their friends. Guess which platform is gonna gain traction?

(Meanwhile, back in PC land) Starcraft 2 promised a resurgence but that didn't last long. A lot of old school gamers came out, played a few games...then vanished. Looking at the stats, the ones who crossed 100 games are in single digits (That's less than 10 gamers for the math challenged).

This for arguably the biggest PC game of the decade.

Lets put together that list yes, these scientific pros and cons should be interesting.

Already got the pricing on the PS3 and three games, gonna do the 360 next.

Offline Berzerk

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra 103
    • :WIIU: :XBOX ONE:  :3DS:
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core I7 2600K (Stock)
  • GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970 4 Gig
  • RAM: 8 GB DDR 3 Corsair Vengeance 1333 Ram
  • BattleNet ID: berserkiymc
  • Origin ID: berzerker28
  • PSN: BerserkIymc
  • Steam: berzerk880
  • XBL: berserkiymc
« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2010, 01:53:21 PM »
personally i love ps3 as well, just well I cant seem to get in on any psn action.... ever.

its mostly for me to play the exclusives(which are all awesome), which are mainly single player. I did love killzone 2 however, and i really did not know an fps could be so awesome on a console. that experience shut me up good n proper. suffice to say I WILL be getting Killzone 3.

my main issue with this thread is the lack of support for the pc. ok messiah and myself have our points, but where is everyone else? Im seeing some good things happening (maybe its just blind optimism) for the pc, and while everything not rosy, I believe the PC industry is serviceable, very much so.

if funds allow next year I might dive in on 360, but not in the immediate future. (unless I could convince sister to sell Wii)

« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 01:54:58 PM by Berzerk »

Offline Spazosaurus

• Dr. Herp Derpington
  • Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 52
    • View Profile
    • The Awesome Company
  • CPU: i5 3470
  • GPU: GTX 780
  • RAM: 8GB Corsair
  • Broadband: Blink 2Mb + Flow 20Mb
« Reply #104 on: December 13, 2010, 01:57:15 PM »
I was around for the inception of COD and guess what. Consoles were nowhere to be found. It was PC or bust.

Imagine you had to go out and spend the equivalent of brand new 360 for enough power to play BO without a hitch. Now if that isnt nonsense, I dont know what is. I could fully understand why console men will blast pc gamers for this. That is pure nonsense.

Unfortunate, yes but such is the reality at this time.

So save for a few titles that still have a (only just decent) support what have we to really look forward to? Console ports that are less supported and graphically equal to what the dirty peasants enjoy.

Just to put a bit of a personal touch to the whole thing, I play NONE of those games people were highlighting save for the Valve. Mass Effect and the others I care nothing about.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 02:01:50 PM by Captain Awesome »

Carigamers

« Reply #104 on: December 13, 2010, 01:57:15 PM »

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 13, 2010, 01:59:29 PM »
if funds allow next year I might dive in on 360, but not in the immediate future. (unless I could convince sister to sell Wii)
And WHEN you do, we'll be there to bring you into the fold BRISK, always ready to welcome a next man into the SUHWEAT!!!

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 13, 2010, 02:01:21 PM »
Berserk, like you are clairvoyant yes.

That's precisely what I've been observing.

The lack of a voice by the PC gamers. That silence speaks for itself.

Maybe we should run a national poll. Then again, the "real" pc gamers are probably too busy with WoW and Farmville to be bothered voting. lol

Ent Capitan.

COD was the boon of the PC industry. Now it is its bane.

The Hero has become Hitler.

Offline MessiaaH

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 6
    • :ps3: :wii:
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
  • CPU: i7 3930k @ 5.0GHz
  • GPU: 3 * Nvidia GTX 680 (Liquid Cooled)
  • RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengence
  • BattleNet ID: MessiaaH / 350
  • XBL: MesssiaaaH
« Reply #107 on: December 13, 2010, 02:06:00 PM »
phoenix owns a ps3, isme owns an xbox and ps3 and wii, i own a wii.
so i have access to all and play all. d title of d threar is, is pc gaming dead? becuase i dont personally own a xbox/ps3 doesnt qualify me to say HELL NO?

i dont personaly own dem becuase of reasons ive stated already and berzerk said it again, select games (exclusives I WANT to play) will make me buy it. Tekken vs Street fighter mite be one. Cuase im a hardcore tekken fan. but so far, ps3/xbox not worth it for me.
I have enough on pc to keep me occupied, more dan enough.
And i only stop playing sc2 becuase of time, dont really have time to game, when chirstmas reach, level swet.

And apart from dragon age, and dirt2 berzerk already mentioned, ill add mass effect 2 and borderlands, to d list of games dat looks superior on pc.
And all d games i want to play, juss looks better on pc.

And wyatt, i get ur point about d decreasing swet numbers.
But Bad Company 2 deal ah serious blow to that, and Starcraft 2 as well.
And incase u eh notice, mumble full dese days with men runing Company of heroes online.
Again i dont have d time to delve in it.

Also, ID say dat dey need to spend extra time and money in d console version of rage, to make it look as "close" to pc as possible. By nature, pc will always look better.
Console hardware not going to change any time soon, pc hardware always evolving.

Offline Redlum08

• Global Moderator
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 10
    • Xbox One, Wii U, Xbox 360, Wii, 3DS XL
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 720QM
  • GPU: nVidia GeForce GTS360M VRAM 1 GB
  • RAM: 6 GB 1066Mhz
  • Broadband: Wideband - Time Warner Cable New York 50Mbps Download and 5Mbps Upload
  • Origin ID: RedlumTT
  • PSN: RedlumTT
  • XBL: RedlumTT
« Reply #108 on: December 13, 2010, 02:07:10 PM »
I predict Captain Awesome will be on Xbox Live everyday just like us SWEATING GAME!!!

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 13, 2010, 02:13:37 PM »
Messiaah, sweat 10 years ago used to have 50+ people, with 20 outside cussing that they could not get in to play Soldier of Fortune 2, Quake 3 and starcraft. At any given location on the island. Men have to drive, travel, mop drop, whatever to get there. Total members in the association might have been around 300.

Now men have broadband in their homes, they don't even have to put on clothes to come and sweat....yet we running with 8-10 men out of 4000 members on any given night.

That's decline.

I can safely say the vast majority now own consoles and most don't even have a gaming grade PC anymore.

And it is in alignment with the statistics posted earlier in this thread, that PC gaming is on the decline.

It is superior. I totally agree...but we need to do something radical to flip those numbers on their head. Really.

Pull our heads straight out of our asses and do something.

I just asked my co-workers in the IT department. Out of 12, you know how many had gaming PC's home? 2. (myself included)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 02:15:50 PM by TriniWyatt »

Offline MessiaaH

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #110 on: December 13, 2010, 02:16:35 PM »
well if we need to do something to bump d numbers, how bout start by NOT bashing d pc, but promoting pc swet? i tried it with "swetology" and rake in ah good few players, some of which still going strong all now.

D time we spending saying pc gaming dead, we coudl be organising ah judgement sc2/dirt/gears/coh swet come friday night!.

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 13, 2010, 02:17:22 PM »
Noone said because you didn't personally own a PS3/360 you couldn't have an opinion, I said, without a proper workout on a console capable of playing a modern day FPS, how could your opinion be unbiased?

Now that we KNOW your siblings have these at their disposal, there is literally NO EXCUSE to not give it a go. What yuh have to lose? money? time? you have no more to lose from using them, than you do using your PC for gaming.

And note I emphasized on the online experience, which imho is the REAL attraction to PSN and XBL, you chose to throw aside the invitation in favour of arguing the symantics.

And BTW as memory serves me I WAS ONE of DEM MEN SELF WHO SUPPORTED the sweat! I bought a game i've NEVER played DOW II JUST to sweat Gears with allyuh. I AM one of those gamers that SUPPORTING the PC sweat and btw, it's the LACK of Gears sweat that had me away from the PC so long. I got tired of waiting on a GOW sweat and went back to the XBL. Sure yal have had 1 or 2 since, but I need a regular staple of pwnage...
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 02:19:54 PM by W1nTry »

Offline Spazosaurus

• Dr. Herp Derpington
  • Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 52
    • View Profile
    • The Awesome Company
  • CPU: i5 3470
  • GPU: GTX 780
  • RAM: 8GB Corsair
  • Broadband: Blink 2Mb + Flow 20Mb
« Reply #112 on: December 13, 2010, 02:19:25 PM »
Eventually, yes. I eh see nobody offer to put half to buy my copy of black ops on 360 lol

Offline MessiaaH

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #113 on: December 13, 2010, 02:19:42 PM »
what i have to loose is time. i honesly DONT have d time for it right now.
It have games i working on d pc, mass effect 2, bioshock 1.
Den i have bio2 to play, ah eh even touch batman yet, and d list goes on and on.
I only have so much time, so to get me to give d consoles a good workout, it have to come, REALLLLLLLLLLLL good with an exclusive title.

PS3 - that will be Jak 4 (maybe tekken)
Wii - Zelda Skyware Sword
XBOX - not one dam fart.

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 13, 2010, 02:25:36 PM »
well if we need to do something to bump d numbers, how bout start by NOT bashing d pc, but promoting pc swet?

The first step to solving the problem, is admitting we have one.

Offline Berzerk

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra 103
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 13, 2010, 02:27:33 PM »
some other ps3 exclusives are uncharted 1 and 2. both were extraordinary. those 2 games made my ps3 purchase more than worth it.

throw Mgs4, killzone 2, and games like resistance and u have a bess collection to jump into messiah.

360 is proven to have the bestest community, but im not sure if I'm willing to have to pay per month for a service that is free on pc or ps3 .

Offline MessiaaH

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #116 on: December 13, 2010, 02:28:40 PM »
I will never admit PC gaming is dead, becuase i honestly DO NOT believe that.
I said it a million times on dis thread already.

As long as d epic games I WANT to play, are better on pc. i will always be pc.
and dat still is d case. Gears 2 and 3 was proggin me to buy ah xbox, but in d end, i had too much very eipic pc titles to play, to even care.

Offline Berzerk

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra 103
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 13, 2010, 02:34:30 PM »
I agree, we do have a problem. I propose one little solution that everyone here could try.

let all of us, not pirate one dam pc game from now on. not ever. not for pc beta testing, not for nun. it is a small little contribution we could all try. if we like it we could buy it. if it doh start somewhere well it might never gain momentum.

all of us have more than enough games to beast online, more than enough games pile up still to test out.

if it doh start somewhere well it might never gain momentum.

speaking of which I seein left for dead 2 for 5.00 on steam. howsabout the console folk take a snatch, on steam and we try a lil ting later on? come on game is a fun co op sweat.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 02:47:54 PM by Berzerk »

Offline TriniXaeno

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 13, 2010, 02:37:02 PM »
Hear Hear!

$5 you say yuh know?

Offline MessiaaH

• Global Moderator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #119 on: December 13, 2010, 02:40:34 PM »
berzerk, since dis thread start, i said pc biggest problem is piracy, and ppl need to buy d dam games. so i fully agree. i even buying older games. juss weekend i bought sf4 ons team. even doh i can play it for absolutely free online. I love pc gaming, and showing my support for it.

I bought tomb raider: gaurdian of light, i bought l4d2 4 player pack. (i have ah extra copy).
I plan on buying lego harry potter and shank.

And dem games juss park up right now cuase of time, but d prices steam giving u, i clicking buy when i see dem.

Carigamers

« Reply #119 on: December 13, 2010, 02:40:34 PM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal