Author Topic: Would you jack-off on my crackbook please... thank you  (Read 2757 times)

Offline W1nTry

• Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 109
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 3770
  • GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070
  • RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR3 2166MHz
  • Broadband: FLOW
  • Steam: W1nTry
  • XBL: W1nTry
Would you jack-off on my crackbook please... thank you
« on: March 27, 2008, 10:27:16 AM »
O_O
Social notworking site wants your bodily fluids

I've got a Bono to pick with you

By Sylvie Barak: Wednesday, 26 March 2008, 2:25 PM

A STARTUP in California (where else?) is preparing to launch a new Social Not-Working service which will allow users to compare their genetic structures with strangers as well as with members of their own families.

23andMe, the personal genomics startup from Mountain View, CA, is trying to cash in on the social not-working craze by offering people the opportunity to share their DNA information with one another to learn more about their genetic risks of falling prey to a plethora of nasty diseases, including Alzheimer's, diabetes, muscular degeneration, and cancer.

Technology Review reports that in order to sign up for the service, users can order a $999 kit, gob in a bottle and send it in, then wait to receive a personal analysis of nearly 600,000 genetic variations linked to disease and other things, like ancestry, height, and eye color. It can also give a person information about their specific risks for developing a certain disease.

Co founder of 23andMe, Linda Avery, reckons that people might even join site networks based on their haplogroups, genetic groupings representing migration branches of the human evolutionary tree. It could end up being the genetic equivalent of poking someone on facebook, or seeing what country network they fall under. The site also uses the same sort of visual standards expected from social networking sites, with colourful tools and diagrams, and applications that allow users to compare their DNA to Bono’s from U2, for example.

Avey and second co founder, Anne Wojcicki, say they aim to create a genomic database so big, that they will eventually be able to generate scientifically and medically relevant information about all their users. They also hope that the enterprise will encourage people to take more of a personal interest in DNA testing, which they see as a potentially innovative way to go about genetic research in the future.

The main point of the site would be the “how do I compare to other people?” factor, but the site’s founders also want to spur a sort of grassroots research into diseases like autism and Parkinson’s which they hope would attract large enough numbers of people with the diseases to come together and search their genomes for similarities.

For those, rightly, concerned about what the company would do with all the masses of DNA they collect, Avey says that 23andMe will not sell genetic data to pharmaceutical companies, but that it might sell access to a genetic pool of information from people who have given the company the right to let others use their DNA for research. So, to sum it all up, first you have to pay $999, then you spit on a swab, allowing you to compare haplogroups with rockstars and then have your data poked at by science boffins with unknown intentions. GENE-IUS.

Carigamers

Would you jack-off on my crackbook please... thank you
« on: March 27, 2008, 10:27:16 AM »

Offline Redlum08

• Global Moderator
  • Sannin
  • Chakra 10
    • Xbox One, Wii U, Xbox 360, Wii, 3DS XL
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 720QM
  • GPU: nVidia GeForce GTS360M VRAM 1 GB
  • RAM: 6 GB 1066Mhz
  • Broadband: Wideband - Time Warner Cable New York 50Mbps Download and 5Mbps Upload
  • Origin ID: RedlumTT
  • PSN: RedlumTT
  • XBL: RedlumTT
Re: Would you jack-off on my crackbook please... thank you
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 10:34:04 AM »
O_O
Social notworking site wants your bodily fluids

I've got a Bono to pick with you

By Sylvie Barak: Wednesday, 26 March 2008, 2:25 PM

A STARTUP in California (where else?) is preparing to launch a new Social Not-Working service which will allow users to compare their genetic structures with strangers as well as with members of their own families.

23andMe, the personal genomics startup from Mountain View, CA, is trying to cash in on the social not-working craze by offering people the opportunity to share their DNA information with one another to learn more about their genetic risks of falling prey to a plethora of nasty diseases, including Alzheimer's, diabetes, muscular degeneration, and cancer.

Technology Review reports that in order to sign up for the service, users can order a $999 kit, gob in a bottle and send it in, then wait to receive a personal analysis of nearly 600,000 genetic variations linked to disease and other things, like ancestry, height, and eye color. It can also give a person information about their specific risks for developing a certain disease.

Co founder of 23andMe, Linda Avery, reckons that people might even join site networks based on their haplogroups, genetic groupings representing migration branches of the human evolutionary tree. It could end up being the genetic equivalent of poking someone on facebook, or seeing what country network they fall under. The site also uses the same sort of visual standards expected from social networking sites, with colourful tools and diagrams, and applications that allow users to compare their DNA to Bono’s from U2, for example.

Avey and second co founder, Anne Wojcicki, say they aim to create a genomic database so big, that they will eventually be able to generate scientifically and medically relevant information about all their users. They also hope that the enterprise will encourage people to take more of a personal interest in DNA testing, which they see as a potentially innovative way to go about genetic research in the future.

The main point of the site would be the “how do I compare to other people?” factor, but the site’s founders also want to spur a sort of grassroots research into diseases like autism and Parkinson’s which they hope would attract large enough numbers of people with the diseases to come together and search their genomes for similarities.

For those, rightly, concerned about what the company would do with all the masses of DNA they collect, Avey says that 23andMe will not sell genetic data to pharmaceutical companies, but that it might sell access to a genetic pool of information from people who have given the company the right to let others use their DNA for research. So, to sum it all up, first you have to pay $999, then you spit on a swab, allowing you to compare haplogroups with rockstars and then have your data poked at by science boffins with unknown intentions. GENE-IUS.

People will have clones of themselves working as slaves in the near future...What's the name of that movie?? "THE ISLAND" O_O

Offline Spazosaurus

• Dr. Herp Derpington
  • Administrator
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 52
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
    • The Awesome Company
  • CPU: i5 3470
  • GPU: GTX 780
  • RAM: 8GB Corsair
  • Broadband: Blink 2Mb + Flow 20Mb
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 10:51:23 AM »
Who say attack of the slave clones? Movie idea ftw.

Carigamers

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 10:51:23 AM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal