Author Topic: Pokemon Dimond/Pearl  (Read 8440 times)

Offline kiya

• Jonin
  • Chakra 15
  • devine
    • wii, ds, super nintendo, gbc, gba
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Pokemon Dimond/Pearl
« on: March 30, 2007, 10:41:11 AM »
What do you think of these games, will u be getting them?

Carigamers

Pokemon Dimond/Pearl
« on: March 30, 2007, 10:41:11 AM »

Offline BloodWar

• Kage
  • Chakra -522
    • PS3 and NDS
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Dimond/Pearl
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 09:22:35 PM »
Just adding some info to make sure the thread doesn't get deleted.

from IGN

The first DS chapter of the continuing saga of Nintendo's "collect 'em all" RPG series. Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl offer a number of exciting new features to please both experienced and new Pokemon fans alike. Set in an entirely new region called "Sinnoh," players can choose to begin their adventure as either a boy or girl Pokemon trainer on a path to becoming Pokemon League Champion. The adventure continues as players can bring Pokemon from their Game Boy Advance Pokemon games to Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl using the GBA game slot on their Nintendo DS. As players trade and collect Pokemon to complete their Pokedex in this new challenge, for the first time they'll have the chance to catch new Pokemon, Munchlax and Weavile. They also can play via local wireless with up to eight other trainers while new moves and abilities deepen strategy.

local wireless? i was hoping for wifi :(
I will live forever..... Until i die

Offline kiya

• Jonin
  • Chakra 15
  • devine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 10:38:50 PM »
Ok sorry for the lack of info. Yes there will be wifi and this game connects to your wii as well wiht the respective pokemon game for the wii that is!

From the nintendo website

Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl are coming exclusively to Nintendo DS on April 22, and they will prove that the next generation of Pokémon games is taking the hugely popular franchise to amazing new levels.

Pack Your Bags

Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl take place in an all-new region called Sinnoh. When you set off on your travels, you'll be able to play as either a boy or girl Trainer. Pokémon fans have caught glimpses of Mime Jr., Lucario, Munchlax and Weavile in Pokémon movies, and these Pokémon will be debuting in this adventure.

Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl will challenge you to explore the Sinnoh region in an incredibly deep RPG adventure. Before your quest is complete, you'll meet over 100 new Pokémon and challenge countless Trainers along the way. Like previous core Pokémon titles, these games feature an engrossing storyline and well-balanced RPG action.

Meet the Starters

Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl continue a Pokémon RPG tradition by having you make one of the most important decisions in the game right away: Picking a Pokémon with which to begin your journey.

Three all-new Pokémon are yours to choose from – Fire-type Chimchar, Water-type Piplup, and Grass-type Turtwig. You won't be able to catch these Pokémon in the wild. To catch every Pokémon, you'll have to trade with other Trainers to get the two Pokémon you didn't select.

The Pokémon you choose can have a big impact on your adventure in several ways, so choose wisely. To see the three new starters, click "Art Gallery" in the menu on the left.

Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection

One of the best aspects of Pokémon games is the ability to trade and battle with other Trainers, and Nintendo DS allows you to connect with other Pokémon fans wirelessly. What's even more intriguing is that Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl will be compatible with Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, allowing you to trade and battle with other Trainers around the world. The games will also feature voice chat capabilities, so you'll have no problems communicating with your online friends.

Touching Gameplay

The DS's touch screen has improved on the Pokémon gameplay systems in a number of ways. When you're choosing an attack, touch-screen buttons display standard information – the move name, the move type, and how many PP you have left. The item-select screen is broken down into categories, and all of the items are clearly organized within each section.

The changes don't amount to actual differences in how battles play out, but they will help you to manage your items and moves better than before. If you prefer to use the Control Pad and buttons to select your next move, you can do that as well.

Outside of battle, the touch screen plays other big roles. While you're out exploring the far reaches of Sinnoh, the lower screen accesses your Pokémon Watch, known as the Pokétch. You can also use the stylus to interact with the Pokédex. The list of Pokémon appears on the top screen, and you can spin a wheel that looks like a giant Poké Ball to browse the Pokédex list. These are just a couple of the roles the touch screen serves. You'll discover many more as you play the game.

Time to Play

When Pokémon Gold and Silver introduced a real-time clock, Pokémon fans absolutely loved it. It seemed destined to become a staple of Pokémon games, but when Ruby and Sapphire came around, the feature disappeared. Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl reintroduce this system in a major way.

A 24-hour cycle is divided into five phases: morning, day, evening, night and late night. Certain Pokémon are most likely to appear during particular phases of the day. A Pokémon's area info in the Pokédex depicts a sun on the bottom screen. If you drag it across the sky-like timeline, you'll be able to see where the Pokémon will appear and at what times.

Legendary Pokémon

Legendary Pokémon like Lugia, Ho-oh, Groudon, Kyogre, Suicune, Raikou and Entei have always been sought after by Pokémon Trainers. These mysterious creatures are one-of-a-kind, and very powerful.

In the DS version, the Legendaries are larger than life – Dialga is an enormous blue Pokémon that is said to be able to manipulate time, while the giant purple Palkia is said to have the power to distort space. Not much else is known about these Pokémon, except that they can only be caught in their respective games. To see Dialga and Palkia, click "Art Gallery" in the menu on the left.

The Pokétch

When you're out exploring the many corners of Sinnoh, the lower screen accesses your Pokétch, a multifunctional tool that Trainers will find indispensable. The Pokétch is basically a small computer that stores a variety of miniature applications.

When you start out, the Pokétch is limited to a handful of uses – it's a watch, a pedometer, a Pokémon-status checker, and a calculator. As you progress through the game, you'll find more applications, including a note pad and an item finder. There are 20 applications to discover, and you'll have to put in some serious footwork to find them all.

Pokémon Genders

Gender has long been a part of the Pokémon series, but until now male and female Pokémon have looked the same. Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl introduce visual differences for Pokémon depending on their gender. For example, a male Wooper will have more horns than a female. Even the most well-known Pokémon, such as Pikachu, are getting a graphical update.

There are still some Pokémon that look the same in both genders, some that can only be male or female, and some (particularly the Legendaries) that don't have a gender at all.

Diamond or Pearl

For the most part, whether you play one game or the other, the gameplay will be the same. But there are several differences between the two versions. Most importantly, there are a handful of Pokémon that are version-exclusive. For example, if you're looking to complete your Pokédex in Pokémon Diamond, you'll have to trade your Pokémon with a Pokémon Pearl game.

The full list of version-exclusive Pokémon hasn't yet been announced, but Palkia and Dialga are two examples. Other Pokémon may be rare in one version of the game, such as Mime Jr. and Bonsly.

Whether you're new to the world of Pokémon , a Pokémon fanatic or maybe someone who hasn't played a Pokémon game in a while, Pokémon Diamond and Pearl are guaranteed to get you hooked.

Stay tuned to Nintendo.com for much more information on Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl in the coming months!

« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 10:41:43 PM by kiya »

Offline TrinireturnofGamez

• AdvancedTactics
  • Akatsuki
  • Chakra 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 11:24:57 PM »
 I was hoping it would be part 3d by now..... 
http://freetrinipoetry.blogspot.com/

Core 2 duo E6600
Asus mobo
Radeon HD 4770
2 gigs DDR2 667 + 2 gigs DDR 800 OCZ

Offline BloodWar

• Kage
  • Chakra -522
    • PS3 and NDS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 05:36:45 AM »
Chakra for kiya :D Im not a fan of pokemon cartoon i find it completely ridiculous so i dont know all those pokemon u talk about but, ive been playing the games on my gbc,gba and now finally my DS! i love this series as it allows you catch a veriety of monsters to improve you team and evolutions make it all that greater. Anyway 1 final note Pikachu Sux!.

Chakra for laertes to cuz he give some nice info earlier

Carigamers

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 05:36:45 AM »

Offline kiya

• Jonin
  • Chakra 15
  • devine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2007, 10:35:37 AM »
ok here are some clips for those of you that cant wait( like me!)

The english version

The add

Offline vivman1107

• Kage
  • Chakra 16
  • There is no spoon
    • View Profile
    • vivman1107's Lists
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
  • GPU: PNY Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT 512 MB
  • RAM: 4 GB Corsair DDR2-800
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2007, 12:40:38 PM »
Anyway 1 final note Pikachu Sux!.

Unless you talking about Smash Bros ...

Offline BloodWar

• Kage
  • Chakra -522
    • PS3 and NDS
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2007, 12:41:34 PM »
Anyway 1 final note Pikachu Sux!.

Unless you talking about Smash Bros ...
In total pikachu sux

Offline Crixx_Creww

• Akatsuki
  • Chakra -12
  • ANBU OF THE HIDDEN VILLAGE FOAK
    • Atari 2600.
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
    • www.crixxcrew.com
  • CPU: Intel Q6600 @3.2 Ghz
  • GPU: Nvidia Xfx geforce 9800GTX+
  • RAM: 8 Gigs Mixed kingston and corsair ddr2
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2007, 04:56:02 PM »
i had hoped the game would have become more than just catch them all... cause frankly after gold
it got damn ridiculous

its too many, the names are now fully absurd and the same premise over and over is a little.. bleh

maybe less pokemon but more stratergy in the battles and less annoying random battles

Offline BloodWar

• Kage
  • Chakra -522
    • PS3 and NDS
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2007, 05:12:05 PM »
i had hoped the game would have become more than just catch them all... cause frankly after gold
it got damn ridiculous

its too many, the names are now fully absurd and the same premise over and over is a little.. bleh

maybe less pokemon but more stratergy in the battles and less annoying random battles
this is one thing that a lot of people say that i truly disagree with . No random battles yeah we reach a state where we want to see monsters but i think if people could see monsters they would sometimes avoid them and lose out on some much needed lvling which u may have to work hard to get later on in the game. I know you said less but im making a point so shh otherwise i agree with u about less monsters more strategy.

Offline kiya

• Jonin
  • Chakra 15
  • devine
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2007, 09:07:11 PM »
I've played all the pokemon games so far and i agree with u. I find myself always buyin lots of repels when going through grassy areas and caves. All the pokemon that keep poping up realy drives my crazy. I takes u 2 or 3 times as long to get to the end of a cave with out a repel that with. yes u need to battle to lv up and catch new pokemon but need there be so meny? I much rather battle the elith 4 or something over and over again to lv up. But battling pokemon in the wild is a big part of the game also. So i'm torn but i think less is best!

Carigamers

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2007, 09:07:11 PM »

* ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Crimson609: yea everything cool how are you?
    August 10, 2022, 07:26:15 AM
  • Pain_Killer: Good day, what's going on with you guys? Is everything Ok?
    February 21, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
  • Crimson609: BOOM covid-19
    August 15, 2020, 01:07:30 PM
  • Shinsoo: bwda 2020 shoutboxing. omg we are in the future and in the past at the same time!
    March 03, 2020, 06:42:47 AM
  • TriniXjin: Watch Black Clover Everyone!
    February 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM
  • Crimson609: lol
    February 01, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
  • Skitz: So fellas how we go include listing for all dem parts for pc on we profile but doh have any place for motherboard?
    January 24, 2020, 09:11:33 PM
  • Crimson609: :ph34r:
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM
  • Crimson609: Big up ya whole slef
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:17 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like Link
    January 20, 2019, 09:23:14 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Kitana
    January 20, 2019, 09:22:39 PM
  • protomanex: Man like Chappy
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul Like Minato
    January 20, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
  • protomanex: Gyul like XJin
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 PM
  • protomanex: Shout out to man like Crimson
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM
  • Crimson609: shout out to gyal like Corbie Gonta
    January 20, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
  • cold_187: Why allur don't make a discord or something?
    December 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
  • Red Paradox: https://www.twitch.tv/flippay1985 everyday from 6:00pm
    May 29, 2018, 09:40:09 AM
  • Red Paradox: anyone play EA Sports UFC 3.. Looking for a challenge. PSN: Flippay1985 :)
    May 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM
  • cold_187: @TriniXjin not really, I may have something they need (ssd/ram/mb etc.), hence why I also said "trade" ;)
    February 05, 2018, 10:22:14 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal